The Highway (Sirius XM)
|Broadcast area||United States, Canada|
|Slogan||The Road To New Country. Direct From Nashville!|
|Frequency||Sirius XM Radio 56
DISH Network 6059
|Class||Satellite Radio Station|
|Owner||Sirius XM Radio|
|Website||SiriusXM: The Highway|
The Highway is a hit, new country radio channel on the Sirius XM Radio service. It plays no commercials. It is available on channel 56 (previously 16) on XM, channel 56 (previously 60) on Sirius (replacing New Country on November 12, 2008) and channel 6059 on Dish Network. Until February 9, 2010, it was on channel 814 on Direct TV until the Sirius XM programming was dropped.
The Highway is among the most popular music channels on satellite radio.
The channel has created stars through its "Highway Find" feature; which gives airplay to unsigned and independent artists - bypassing the traditional record company lock on the business. The Highway was the first to play Florida Georgia Line before the duo had a record deal.
- Kim Ashley, Weekends
- Buzz Brainard, Afternoons
- Al Skop, Middays
- Betsy Spina, Weekends
- Jessica Wade, Weeknights
- Storme Warren, Mornings
- The Highway Hot 45 Weekend Countdown: Weekly countdown show determined by members of "The Highway Patrol," a free club of listeners who rate the music in a special online application. Saturdays at 9am Easter, with repeats all weekend.
- On the Horizon: Hosted by Buzz Brainard, On the Horizon is a one hour show that features new songs by up-and-coming artists. Saturdays at Noon Eastern, with repeats all weekend.
- Takin' The Wheel: Celebrity guest DJ takeover show.
- Highway Hang Time: Artists hang in our studios and preview new music. Can also include live exclusive performances.
- Music City Connection: Heroes Behind The Hits: Acoustic guitar pull of songwriters and artists telling stories and playing the songs that have become big hits for them or other artists. Monthly show.
- "XM Channel Lineup". 2011-05-02. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- "Sirius Channel Lineup". 2011-05-02. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
|This article about a radio station in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|