The Hill, New South Wales
Newcastle, New South Wales
Beacon Tower, originally 7 m (23 ft) high was extended to 20 m (66 ft) in 1877 after the light had been obscured by the erection of a Wesley Parsonage.
|• Density||3,335/km2 (8,637.6/sq mi)|
|Area||0.63 km2 (0.2 sq mi)Note1|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|LGA(s)||City of Newcastle|
The Hill is an inner city, residential suburb of Newcastle, in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, located immediately south of Newcastle's central business district. The Hill is filled with historic Victorian terraces and is the site of an historic convict prison block.
Looking east from Jesmond House with Nobbys Head and Stockton Beach in the background.
- ^ Area calculation is based on 1:100000 map 9232 NEWCASTLE.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "The Hill (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2009-01-21. Map
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT) - Newcastle City Council". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- "The Hill". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- "Newcastle". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- "Newcastle". Australian Electoral Commission. 19 October 2007. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- "The Hill". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- "The Hill suburb profile @ domain.com.au". domain.com.au. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
|This City of Newcastle geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|