From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
original film poster
|Directed by||Alan Bridges|
|Produced by||Ben Arbeid|
|Written by||Wolf Mankowitz|
|Music by||Marc Wilkinson|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|Release dates||10 June 1973 (New York City)|
|Running time||95 min.|
The Hireling is a 1973 British drama film directed by Alan Bridges, based on a 1957 novel by LP Hartley, which starred Robert Shaw and Sarah Miles. It tells the story of a chauffeur who falls in love with an aristocratic woman.
- Robert Shaw as Steven Ledbetter
- Sarah Miles as Lady Franklin
- Peter Egan as Captain Hugh Cantrip
- Caroline Mortimer as Connie
- Elizabeth Sellars as Lady Franklin's mother
- Ian Hogg as Davis
- Christine Hargreaves as Doreen
- Lyndon Brook as Doctor
- Patricia Lawrence as Mrs. Hansen
- Petra Markham as Edith
- "Festival de Cannes: The Hireling". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "U.S. Film Shares Cannes Prize". Los Angeles Times. 1973-05-26. p. B9. "The Cannes Film Festival Grand Prix Friday was awarded jointly to the American film "Scarecrow" by Jerry Schatzberg and the British entry "The Hireling" by Alan Bridges."
|This 1970s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|