Historical Atlas of China (1982)
The Historical Atlas of China, printed in 1996
|Publisher||China Cartographic Publishing House|
The Historical Atlas of China (Chinese: 中国歷史地圖集; pinyin: Zhōngguó lìshǐ dìtú jí) is an 8-volume work published in Beijing between 1982 and 1988, edited by Tan Qixiang. It contains 304 maps and 70,000 placenames in total, and consists of 8 volumes:
- Archaeological findings, Xia, Shang dynasties and Zhou dynasty (Western Zhou, Spring and Autumn period and Warring States period)
- Qin dynasty, Western and Eastern Han dynasties
- Three Kingdoms and Western Jin dynasty
- Eastern Jin dynasty, Sixteen Kingdoms and Southern and Northern Dynasties
- Sui dynasty, Tang dynasty and Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period
- Song dynasty, Liao dynasty and Jin Empire
- Yuan dynasty and Ming dynasty
- Qing dynasty
These Wikipedia maps are drawn after The Historical Atlas of China (1982).
- Chinese Civilization in Time and Space: A project based on Tan's atlas.
|This article about a non-fiction book on Chinese history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|