The Honorary Title
|The Honorary Title|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Years active||2002 – 2009|
|Labels||Doghouse, Warner Bros. Records|
|Associated acts||LuceroGreeley Estates|
|Past members||Aaron Kamstra
The Honorary Title was an alternative indie rock and country band from Brooklyn, New York. The band released their first self-titled EP "The Honorary Title" in 2003 and then their first album in 2004, Anything Else But the Truth, which was later re-released with five additional songs and two bonus videos. In early 2007 the EP, "Untouched and Intact" arrived introducing four songs, three of which were re-released in the group's latest album, Scream and Light Up the Sky, which was released on August 28, 2007.
The band began in 2003 with just Gorbel's vocals and Kamstra's multi-instrumental talents, where they played with an indie record label before being signed onto Doghouse Records. After releasing their debut album, Anything Else But The Truth in 2004, the band eventually signed on ex-member of The Format, Adam Boyd (formerly of Greeley Estates), along with Jonathan Wiley. After heavy touring, the Honorary Title released Scream and Light Up The Sky in 2007. Late last year Aaron Kamstra left the band because of constant touring schedule along with Jonathan Wiley who is now touring with Adam Green. In an interview with Absolutepunk.net on 4.01.08 Gorbel said, "Aaron and I always had different ideas of where we were headed both musically, artistically, personally blah blah blah. We spent more time arguing than actually creating music. I wish him the best of luck. Jon is currently touring with Adam Green. There's no hard feelings, but we will miss him anyways; both amazing musicians."
Gorbel released a solo EP called Ten Years Older on his 2009 acoustic tour with Dustin Dobernig. In an interview with weworemasks.com, Gorbel says, "It’s considered a solo session, but…The Honorary Title might be over." He also said he is working on a solo LP. On October 24, 2009 Jarrod announced that The Honorary Title would play their final show on Friday, November 20, 2009.
Jarrod Gorbel is often confused with Lukas Rossi and Justin Cavagnero.
- Jarrod Gorbel – lead vocals, guitar
- Adam Boyd – drums, vocals
- Mike Schey - guitar
- Nate Harold - bass
- Dustin Dobernig - keyboard
- 2003: The Honorary Title
- 2007: Untouched and Intact [EP]
- 2008: The City On Christmas [EP]
- 2009: Tour [EP]
- 2009: Ten Years Older [EP]
- 2010: Devil's Made a New Friend
- 2011: Bruises From Your Bad Dreams [EP]
- Doghouse 100 – "Snow Day"
- Paupers, Peasants, Princes & Kings: The Songs of Bob Dylan – "Simple Twist of Fate"
- The Road Mix: Music from the Television Series One Tree Hill, Volume 3 – "Stay Away"
- Take Action Volume 6 – "Untouched and Intact"
- True Crime: New York City (Videogame) - "Bridge and Tunnel"
The band is featured on The CW drama One Tree Hill soundtrack The Road Mix: Music from the Television Series One Tree Hill, Vol. 3.They also performed in episode 7 of season 5 of One Tree Hill entitled "In Da Club".
Their song "Accident Prone" was featured in the 2007 comedy "Good Luck Chuck".
Their song "Bridge and Tunnel" was featured in the 2005 video game "True Crime New York City".
Several songs from both albums have been featured on ABC family's "Greek".
- The Honorary Title
- DOGHOUSE RECORDS - The Honorary Title
- September 6, 2009 interview: http://weworemasks.com/2009/09/09/interview-jarrod-gorbel-of-the-honorary-title-september-6-2009/
- Official Lost podcast, April 5, 2007.
- Official site
- The Honorary Title at Doghouse Records
- Gibson Guitar's review of Scream and Light Up the Sky by Ellen Mallernee
- Synthesis Video Interview with The Honorary Title
- The Honorary Title on Myspace