The Hope Diamond Mystery
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Hope Diamond Mystery|
|Directed by||Stuart Paton|
|Written by||John B. Clymer
Charles W. Goddard
|Running time||15 episodes|
- Harry Carter as Ghung / Sidney Atherton
- Grace Darmond as Bibi / Mary Hilton
- George Chesebro as John Baptiste Tavanier / John Gregge
- Boris Karloff as Priest of Kama-Sita / Dakar
- Carmen Phillips as Miza / Wanda Atherton
- William Marion as Bagi / James Marcon
- Frank M. Seki as Saki
- Harry Archer as Johnson
- Arthur Clayton as Lord Francis Hale
- Ethel Shannon as Lady Francis Hale
- William Buckley as Putnam Bradley Stone
- May Yohé as Lady Francis Hope
Tinted scenes and title cards were used to give the effect of rings of multicoloured light coming from the diamond of the title when in the presence of Karloff, as the High Priest.
- "Progressive Silent Film List: The Hope Diamond Mystery". Silent Era. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Harmon, Jim; Donald F. Glut. "14. The Villains "All Bad, All Mad"". The Great Movie Serials: Their Sound and Fury. Routledge. p. 351. ISBN 978-0-7130-0097-9. "so that when Karloff rubbed his hands in glee over the Diamond, it gave off rings of multicoloured light."
|This article about a silent film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|