The Hours... Tour
|The Hours... Tour|
|Tour by David Bowie|
|Start date||9 October 1999|
|End date||7 December 1999|
|David Bowie tour chronology|
The Hours... Tour was a small-scale promotional concert tour by David Bowie comprising eight live performances and numerous television appearances in support of the album Hours.... A new guitarist, Page Hamilton, ex-Helmet founder member, was drafted to replace Reeves Gabrels whose final performance and association with Bowie ended at the VH1 Storytellers performance on 23 August 1999. Rumours of a split were denied by both parties, until a few months later the story changed as the guitarist admitted that he and Bowie had drifted apart.
The Elysée Montmartre performance on 14 October 1999 was filmed and recorded with three songs later appearing on the CD single of Survive. The Libro Music Hall, Vienna, performance on 17 October 1999, coinciding with the launch of BowieNet Europe was made available as a live webcast. The performance at the Kit Kat Klub, New York City, on 19 November 1999 was recorded and filmed with a webcast of the performance as part of the American Express Blue Concert series transmitted on 7 December 1999, in addition to a simulcast radio broadcast by SFX Radio network on the same date. Three songs from the performance appeared on the CD single of Seven.
- David Bowie - vocals, acoustic guitar
- Page Hamilton - guitar
- Mark Plati - rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar
- Gail Ann Dorsey - bass guitar, rhythm guitar
- Sterling Campbell - drums, percussion
- Mike Garson - keyboards, piano
- Holly Palmer - backing vocals
- Emm Gryner - backing vocals
|23 August 1999||New York City||United States||Manhattan Center|
|9 October 1999||London||England||NetAid - Wembley Stadium|
|10 October 1999||Dublin||Ireland||Dublin HQ|
|14 October 1999||Paris||France||Elysée Montmartre|
|17 October 1999||Vienna||Austria||Libro Music Hall|
|19 November 1999||New York City||United States||Kit Kat Klub|
|2 December 1999||London||England||The Astoria|
|4 December 1999||Milan||Italy||Alcatraz|
|7 December 1999||Copenhagen||Denmark||Vega|
From Hunky Dory
- "Life on Mars?"
From Aladdin Sane
- "Drive-In Saturday"
- "Cracked Actor"
From Diamond Dogs
- "Rebel Rebel"
From Station to Station
- "Word on a Wing"
- "Always Crashing in the Same Car"
- "Ashes to Ashes"
From Let's Dance
From Tin Machine
- "I Can't Read" (Bowie, Reeves Gabrels)
- "I'm Afraid of Americans" (Bowie, Brian Eno)
- "Thursday's Child" (Bowie, Gabrels)
- "Something in the Air" (Bowie, Gabrels)
- "Survive" (Bowie, Gabrels)
- "If I'm Dreaming My Life" (Bowie, Gabrels)
- "Seven" (Bowie, Gabrels)
- "The Pretty Things Are Going to Hell" (Bowie, Gabrels)
- "Can't Help Thinking About Me" (early non-album single)