The Houstons: On Our Own
|The Houstons: On Our Own|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||14|
|Running time||20 to 22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Jarrett Creative Group|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||October 24, 2012 – December 5, 2012|
The Houstons: On Our Own is an American reality documentary television series that premiered on October 24, 2012, on Lifetime. The series was announced on May 11, 2012, with the working title of The Houston Family Chronicles and was to have ten episodes. The Houstons: On Our Own chronicles the lives of Whitney Houston's family as they move on from her death. There will be no second season.
- Bobbi Kristina "Krissy" Houston: Whitney and Bobby Brown's daughter
- Cissy Houston: Whitney's mother
- Gary Houston: Whitney's older brother
- Pat Houston: Whitney's sister-in-law, manager, and Krissy's guardian
- Rayah Houston: Pat and Gary's daughter
- Nick Gordon: Bobbi Kristina's friend/boyfriend
|Season||Episodes||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||14||October 24, 2012||December 5, 2012|
Season 1 (2012)
|No.||Title||Original air date||U.S. viewership
|1||"100 White Roses"||October 24, 2012||1.333|
|The Houston family comes together for their first Mother's Day without Whitney. Bobbi Kristina announces some shocking news.|
|2||"Houston, We've Got a Problem"||October 24, 2012||1.313|
|Pat attempts to get Bobbi Kristina more involved with the family and starting her own career but there are some problems that need to be worked out first.|
|3||"Nothing Saint About Simon"||October 31, 2012||0.722|
|Pat and Bobbi Kristina take a trip out of town for a girls weekend getaway. Ray and Gary talk to Nick about responsibility.|
|4||"Too Little, Too Late"||November 7, 2012||0.689|
|Pat and the family fly to Los Angeles for BET's tribute to Whitney.|
|5||"Moving Pieces"||November 7, 2012||0.723|
|Pat and Nick work to help Bobbi Kristina life her spirits. Pat and Gary play a game of basketball.|
|6||"Cupcakes for Krissy"||November 14, 2012||0.889|
|Pat reaches out to Bobbi Kristina's godmother, CeCe Winans, to invite her over for dinner. Bobbi Kristina is confronted by her cousin due to her outrageous behavior.|
|7||"A Cabin in the Mountains"||November 14, 2012||0.933|
|The Houstons attend a spiritual retreat but chaos ensures when a member of the family is rushed to the emergency room.|
|8||"Calling All Houston's"||November 21, 2012||0.675|
|The family realizes how important each other are after the recent hospital scare. Pat attempts to strength his bond with Bobbi Kristina and her daughter.|
|9||"Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"||November 21, 2012||0.710|
|Bobbi Kristina isolates herself from the family while getting her career together.|
|10||"All That Sparkles"||November 28, 2012||0.981|
|The family flies to Los Angeles to attend the debut of Sparkle.|
|11||"A Houston Family Vacation"||November 28, 2012||1.078|
|Pat gets the family together again for a spiritual retreat in Hawaii. While in Hawaii, island natives perform a ceremony to assist the family in moving on.|
|12||"We Are Family"||December 5, 2012||1.022|
|Bobbi Kristina goes apartment hunting. Gary comes to terms with his declining health and promises to improve himself.|
|13||"New Beginnings: Part 1"||December 5, 2012||1.137|
|Bobbi Kristina and Nick host a housewarming party. Bobbi Kristina later informs Nick that he's not the only man she is seeing.|
|14||"New Beginnings: Part 2"||December 5, 2012||1.059|
|The family is unsure of Pat's plans for Bobbi Kristina's career.|
The show was met with mixed or average reviews with a score of 43 out of 100 on Metacritic based on 7 reviews. The New York Daily News said that the show does not have any kind of effect the viewers might want, at least at first. The Los Angeles Times said the show is intrusive and also uncomfortable.
- "Lifetime's Highly Anticipated New Series, 'The Houstons: On Our Own,' to Premiere Wednesday, October 24". The Futon Critic. September 25, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 11, 2012). "Lifetime Picks up Docu-Series 'The Houston Family Chronicles'". TV by the Numbers.
- de Moraes, Lisa (September 25, 2012). "Whitney Houston family reality series bows Oct. 24". Washington Post. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- "Wednesday's Cable Ratings: "American Horror Story," "Duck Dynasty" Maintain Top Spots". Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "Wednesday's Cable Ratings: "American Horror Story" Tops Halloween in Viewers, Demos". Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "Wednesday's Cable Ratings: "Duck Dynasty" Tops Charts in Viewers, Demos". Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "Wednesday's Cable Ratings: A&E Continues Reign with "Duck Dynasty"". Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "Wednesday's Cable Ratings: "Moonshiners" Tops Viewers, Demos for Discovery". Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "Wednesday's Cable Ratings: "Duck Dynasty" Continues Reign for A&E". Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "Wednesday's Cable Ratings: "Duck Dynasty" Goes Out on Top for A&E". Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "The Houstons: On Our Own: Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "TV review: ‘The Houstons: On Our Own’". The New York Daily News. October 24, 2012. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- "'The Houstons: On Our Own' an uncomfortable, intrusive watch". The Los Angeles Times. October 25, 2012. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- Official website
- The Houstons: On Our Own at the Internet Movie Database
- The Houstons: On Our Own on TV.com