The Hut Group
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2014)|
|Industry||Retail & Technology|
|Headquarters||Northwich, Cheshire, United Kingdom|
|Revenue||£145.3 million (2012)|
Number of employees
|Divisions||Retail & Technology Services|
|Website||The Hut Group|
The Hut Group is a company selling a variety of products including sports nutrition and vitamins, cycling and endurance, health and beauty, weight management, and clothing and accessories.
The Hut Group launched its first website in 2004 focusing on lifestyle and health and beauty products.
The group has a wide range of business interests across a number of industries including beauty, fashion and sports supplements.
In April 2013, Mybag.com, the Hut Group's footwear store won the Draper's Footwear and/or Accessories Etailer of the Year.
In September 2009 The Hut Group topped the Tech Track 100 list of fastest growing technology companies in the United Kingdom. In 2007 and 2008 The Hut Group topped the table for North West England, whilst rising steadily through the national table.
In November 2008, the Hut Group won the Bank of Scotland North West Entrepreneur Challenge, with the prize of a £5 million interest free loan. On 5 February 2009, the company was voted the United Kingdom's best entrepreneur after beating the other regional finalists.
On 24 December 2008, the entertainment retailer Zavvi entered into administration. On 27 February 2009, The Hut Group acquired the Zavvi.co.uk online brand from administrators Ernst and Young for an undisclosed sum. The website was re-launched on 2 March 2009, retaining the same branding. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hut Group.
- "The Hut Group History". The Hut Group. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "The Hut Group Linkedin". The Hut Group. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "The Hut Group Power The Mail Rewards Club for DMG Media". DMG Media. 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "The Hut Group Power Fusion by Lipton for Unilever". Unilever. 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Draper's Footwear and/or Accessories Etailer of the Year 2013". Drapers. 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Tech Track 100 league table 2009". Fast Track. 2008-09-21. Retrieved 2009-09-23.[dead link]
- "The Hut Group wins North West final of Bank of Scotland Entrepreneur Challenge". The Hut Group. 2008-11-28. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "The Hut Group voted Britain’s best entrepreneur". The Hut Group. 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "Zavvi placed into administration". BBC Online (BBC News). 2008-12-24. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "The Hut swoops for Zavvi.co.uk". MCV. 2009-03-02. Retrieved 2009-03-02.