The Hut Group
|Industry||Retail & Technology|
|Headquarters||Northwich, Cheshire, United Kingdom|
|Revenue||£145.3 million (2012)|
|Divisions||Retail & Technology Services|
|Website||The Hut Group|
The Hut Group is a ‘multi-category, multi-website’ specialist on-line retailer and brand owner, selling high repeat purchase goods direct to consumers across the Lifestyle and Prestige sectors. It concentrates on: sports nutrition and vitamins, cycling and endurance, health and beauty, weight management, and clothing and accessories.
The Hut Group launched its first website in 2004 and focuses on Lifestyle and Health and Beauty product categories. The Group has entered markets which share the characteristics: non-perishables, high repeat purchases, one-man delivery, and low levels of customer returned products.
The Group’s proprietary technology platform is central to the business model.
In April 2013, Mybag.com, the Hut Group's footwear store won the Draper's Footwear and/or Accessories Etailer of the Year.
In September 2009 The Hut Group topped the Tech Track 100 list of fastest growing technology companies in the United Kingdom. In 2007 and 2008 The Hut Group topped the table for North West England, whilst rising steadily through the national table.
In November 2008, the Hut Group won the Bank of Scotland North West Entrepreneur Challenge, with the prize of a £5 million interest free loan. On 5 February 2009, the company was voted the United Kingdom's best entrepreneur after beating the other regional finalists.
The Hut Group portfolio of websites sells a wide range of products spanning health & beauty, gifting, sports nutrition, fashion and entertainment.
- "The Hut Group History". The Hut Group. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "The Hut Group Linkedin". The Hut Group. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "The Hut Group Power The Mail Rewards Club for DMG Media". DMG Media. 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "The Hut Group Power Fusion by Lipton for Unilever". Unilever. 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Draper's Footwear and/or Accessories Etailer of the Year 2013". Drapers. 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Tech Track 100 league table 2009". Fast Track. 2008-09-21. Retrieved 2009-09-23.[dead link]
- "The Hut Group wins North West final of Bank of Scotland Entrepreneur Challenge". The Hut Group. 2008-11-28. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "The Hut Group voted Britain’s best entrepreneur". The Hut Group. 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- 1st Party Owned Websites / Brands
- The Hut Group
- Websites / Brands Powered by The Hut Group Technology Services
- Customer reviews