The Incredibles (video game)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2006)|
Heavy Iron Studios (Mac, PC, GC, PS2, Xbox)
|Distributor(s)||Disney Interactive Studios|
|Release date(s)||NA October 26, 2004 (Mac)
|Genre(s)||Action-adventure, Beat 'em up|
|Distribution||Optical disc Cartridge|
The Incredibles is a video game based on the film, The Incredibles, released in 2004 for the Game Boy Advance, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox. This is the only Pixar game that had a Teen Rating in the USA (excluding the GBA version, which received an Everyone Rating).
The game has 18 levels and four playable characters. They are:
- Mr. Incredible: Used for most of the game, he spans 11 of the levels. While his techniques are the same, his clothes change:
- Young Bob Parr (his first two levels, blue suit, white boots)
- "Keeping Identity Secret" Bob (one level; burning building)
- Old Bob Parr (three levels; old blue suit)
- New Bob (five levels; new "i" suit)
- Elastigirl spans three levels (she appears in two more, as either a guest or a helper)
- Elastigirl (one level; original suit)
- Elastigirl (two levels; new "i" suit)
- Dash (two levels, both of which have a time limit). Two suits: school clothes and supersuit.
- Violet: Used once. She sneaks past guards invisibly; the supersuit is her only costume. Unlike the others, she is defeated with one hit.
- Incredi-Ball: Dash and Violet together in a force field.
On the GBA version, Violet is playable for two stages,instead of one.
||This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (April 2014)|
The evil Bomb Voyage attempts a bank robbery in Metroville, but the superheroes Mr. Incredible, Frozone and Elastigirl set out across the city's rooftops to stop him. Mr. Incredible captures Bomb Voyage in the bank, but then his fanboy, Buddy Pine, shows up. Buddy has no superpowers, but wants to be a superhero. He begins to fly out of the window on his rocket boots to notify the police of Bomb Voyage's capture, but Mr. Incredible notices a bomb on Buddy's cape. Releasing Bomb Voyage, Mr. Incredible grabs hold of Buddy's cape and goes on a wild ride through the city.
Mr. Incredible and the bomb both fall from the cape and onto a rooftop, where Bomb Voyage appears in a helicopter. Bomb Voyage attempts to kill Mr. Incredible with bombs and laser beams, but Mr. Incredible throws the bombs back at the helicopter, making it fly into a building and explode.
It transpires that the superheroes are being sued for causing too much destruction and are forced by the government to disguise themselves as civilians and try to live normal lives. Mr. Incredible marries Elastigirl and they have three children: Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack.
Mr. Incredible is then approached by Mirage, who tells him that she runs a secret organization on an island called Nomanisan and that their latest machine, the Omnidroid 08, is off wreaking havoc on the island. Mr. Incredible goes to Nomanisan, where he tracks down and destroys the Omnidroid. Meanwhile, the entire fight was witnessed by Mirage and her anonymous employer, whose face is not shown, through a robotic bird. The employer comments that Mr. Incredible's victory is surprising.
Mr. Incredible returns to Nomanisan on another mission. When he reaches the conference room, he goes through numerous security guards and other systems but once he reaches the empty meeting room, another Omnidroid tears the wall apart and grabs Mr. Incredible. The Omnidroid's leader, Syndrome, appears, who was Mirage's employer and Buddy Pine. He reveals that he wants to kill Mr. Incredible and the world's other superheroes. Mr. Incredible escapes Syndrome by jumping off a waterfall.
Elastigirl goes to Nomanisan to save her husband and safely stores Violet and Dash in a cave as she sneaks into Syndrome's base. The next morning, Violet and Dash accidentally activate an alarm system and are forced to use their powers to escape from Syndrome's guards. They learn not to be ashamed of their powers and to work together.
Finally, all of the Incredibles meet up and activate one of Syndrome's rockets, using it to escape back to Metroville, where the Omnidroid is wreaking havoc. In a battle reminiscent of those of the old days, the Incredibles and Frozone work together to destroy the robot. Now, superheroes are loved by the public again.
- Craig T. Nelson - Bob Parr/Mr. Incredible
- Elizabeth Daily - Helen Parr/Mrs. Incredible
- Samuel L. Jackson - Lucius Best/Frozone