The Internet (band)
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2015)|
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (October 2014)|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Genres||Acid Jazz, Trip hop, electronica, funk, soul|
|Labels||Odd Future Records|
|Associated acts||OFWGKTA, The Jet Age of Tomorrow, Quadron, Tyler, The Creator, Kilo Kish, Chad Hugo, Mac Miller,|
Matt "Martians" Martin
Christopher A. Smith
Their debut album Purple Naked Ladies was released on December 20, 2011. It was the first Odd Future album to be released through Odd Future Records. Two songs from the album, "Cocaine" and "Fastlane", had music videos to accompany their release. The Internet has a song included on the Odd Future album The Odd Future Tape Vol. 2, called "Ya know".
The band released their second album "Feel Good" in September 2013, and received praise from fans and critics. The first single from the album, "Give It Time", was released through Odd Future's official SoundCloud. On June 10, 2013, The band backed Mac Miller in London in promotion of his second album Watching Movies with the Sound Off. Work on their third album is currently in progress and is expected to be released halfway through 2015.
- Purple Naked Ladies: 4 Bonus Songs (2012)
|"Navy"||2012||Homeschool EP||Kilo Kish|
|"Blue Jeans (Odd Future's The Internet Remix)"||2012||Non-album||Lana Del Rey|
|"You're The One (Odd Future's The Internet feat. Mike G Remix)"||Heartbreaks and Earthquakes||Charli XCX|
|Fitzpleasure (Odd Future's The Internet Remix)"||Summer Remix EP||Alt-J|
- Patrick "Midtown Pat" Paige - bass guitar
- Jameel Bruner - keyboards
- Christopher Smith - drums
- Tay Walker - back vocals & previous keyboard
- "Ofwgkta". Oddfuture.tumblr.com. 2011-11-14. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- Odd Future's The Internet release Cocaine EP, LP due in December at Pretty Much Amazing
- "New The Internet T-Shirt Designs". Odd Future Talk. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- "Ofwgkta". Oddfuture.tumblr.com. 2012-01-31. Retrieved 2013-03-07.