The Irish Sword
|The Irish Sword|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Discipline||Military history of Ireland|
|Edited by||Kenneth Ferguson|
Military History Society of Ireland (Ireland)
The Irish Sword is the official journal of the Military History Society of Ireland containing articles on the military history of Ireland, book reviews, notes, notices, queries, illustrations and proceedings.
The journal has been published since 1949, normally with two issues a year. The editor-in-chief is Kenneth Ferguson. Gerard Anthony Hayes-McCoy was founder editor, editing the journal for the first ten years to 1959. Kevin Danaher edited from 1960 to 1971.
- "The Military History Society of Ireland". Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- "Contents Vol. XXVI 2006-" (PDF). Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "MHSI Proceedings 2009" (PDF). Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- 0 'Mahony, Edward (2004). "West Cork and the Elizabethan Wars, 1565-1603". The Irish Sword XXIV: 123.
- Grosjean, Alexia; Murdoch, Steve (2004). "Irish soldiers in Swedish service 1609-1613". The Irish Sword XXIV (95): 161–164.
- "Guide To A35 - The Papers of Prof G.A.Hayes-McCoy". Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- Lysaght, Patricia (October 2002). "Kevin Danaher, 1913-2002 - Caoimhin O Danachair - In Memoriam - Obituary". Folklore 113 (2). Retrieved 31 January 2011.
|This military magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This article about a humanities journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This Ireland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|