The Jane Austen Season
The Jane Austen Season is a British television series of dramas based on novels by Jane Austen. The season began on ITV at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday 18 March 2007, with Mansfield Park. The following week, Northanger Abbey was aired. The season ended with the airing of Persuasion on Sunday 1 April 2007. A repeat of the 1996 feature-length film Emma was broadcast on Friday 6 April 2007. The combined ITV and BBC series was shown in the United States by the PBS Masterpiece Theatre drama anthology television series from January through March 2008.
- Mansfield Park – first aired on 18 March 2007.
- Northanger Abbey – first aired on 25 March 2007.
- Persuasion – first aired on 1 April 2007.
- Emma – first aired on 24 November 1996.
The following films were first aired in the United States on WGBH-TV as part of the PBS Masterpiece series, The Complete Jane Austen.
- Persuasion – 13 January 2008. Sally Hawkins stars as Anne Elliot.
- Northanger Abbey – 20 January 2008. Felicity Jones plays romance addict Catherine Morland.
- Mansfield Park – 27 January 2008. Austen's most complex plot stars Billie Piper as Fanny Price.
- Miss Austen Regrets – 3 February 2008. Olivia Williams; this film biography dramatizes Austen's lost loves.
- Pride and Prejudice – 10–24 February 2008. Colin Firth portrays Mr. Darcy and Jennifer Ehle portrays Elizabeth Bennet.
- Sense and Sensibility – 30 March – 6 April 2008. Hattie Morahan plays Elinor Dashwood, and Charity Wakefield plays her sister, Marianne.
- Emma – 4–25 October 2009. Kate Beckinsale stars in the title role.
|This article relating to United Kingdom television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|