The Jerusalem Fund
The Jerusalem Fund for Education and Community Development is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. that does educational and humanitarian work on behalf of Palestinians, particularly those living in the Occupied Territory and surrounding refugee camps. Since its formation in 1977, The Jerusalem Fund has invested in the potential of the Palestinian people through community development initiatives and direct financial assistance to primary health and basic education projects, grassroots and civil society initiatives, and emergency relief programs. To implement its mission, The Jerusalem Fund maintains three programs: The Palestine Center, The Jerusalem Fund Gallery, and The Humanitarian Link.
The Jerusalem Fund receives funding through investment income, as well as private US citizens. Funds are used to offer grants to organizations throughout Palestine and to offer quality speakers at The Jerusalem Fund’s headquarters.
Board of directors
The Jerusalem Fund is composed of nine board members serving on various sub-committees. The three sub committees are: the executive committee composed of the Board Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer; the Grants & Finance Committee, composed of the Board Chairman, Treasurer, and Board members Dr. Mohayya Khilfeh and Dr. Sari Nabulsi; and the Palestine Center Committee composed of the Executive Committee, Board members Dr. Mohayya Khilfeh and George Hishmeh, and noted scholars Dr. Edmund Ghareeb, Dr. Halim Barakat. 
- Subhi D. Ali, M.D., F.A.C.S., is Chairman of the Board
- Omar J. Fayez, Esq., is Secretary of the Board
- Eid B. Mustafa, M.D., F.A.C.S., is Treasurer of the Board
- Mr. Yousef Munayyer is Executive Director of The Jerusalem Fund and its educational program, The Palestine Center. He is a member (ex officio) of the Board and its three sub-committees, in addition to functioning as its Assistant Secretary and Assistant Treasurer. 
- George Hishmeh is a founding member of the Jerusalem Fund. 
- Walid Keilani is currently president of ASG Real Estate Company and senior financial adviser of Alshall Group, which strives to bridge the world of American and Arab businesses engaged in real estate. 
- Mohayya H. Khilfeh, M.D., M.P.H., is currently a pediatrician at the South Holland Health Center, Illinois. 
- Sari A. Nabulsi, M.D., M.B.A., is currently a Pediatrician at the Pediatric Medical Center and a Pediatrics Professor at Texas Tech University, Midland, TX. 
- Tawfik Z. Ramadan, M.D., M.P.H., is currently a pediatrician at Southern Oklahoma Pediatrics, a private practice, and Neonatology director of the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) at Valley View Regional Hospital in Ada, Oklahoma. 
- Hisham Sharabi, Ph.D. (deceased), was Chairman of the Board from 1977–2005 and a founding member of the Jerusalem Fund. 
- Samih Farsoun, Ph.D. (deceased), was one of the first members of the Jerusalem Fund Board of Directors, and was a founding member of the Center for Policy Analysis on Palestine, now The Palestine Center. 
The Palestine Center
The Palestine Center is the educational wing of The Jerusalem Fund, established in 1991. It is an independent think tank that focuses on putting out reliable and timely information on Palestinian political affairs to the general public. The center also hosts educational briefings for high school students and undergraduates .
The Humanitarian Link
The Humanitarian Link is the charitable wing of the Jerusalem Fund. The Humanitarian Link gives small grants to needy hospitals, schools, orphanages and human rights groups. According to The Jerusalem Fund website, “Strict reporting requirements and regular visits by Jerusalem Fund staff ensure the proper distribution of funds and project monitoring.”
The Jerusalem Fund Gallery
The Jerusalem Fund Gallery is a program to promote Palestinian and Arab culture through art exhibits, book signings, musical performances and other events. The events are held at The Jerusalem Fund office in Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. The majority of programs are free .
- Jerusalem Fund Brochure 2006. Web Version. http://www.thejerusalemfund.org/images/Brochure_2006_WebVersion.pdf
- “About Us.” www.TheJerusalemFund.org. 2008
- “The Palestine Center.” www.TheJerusalemFund.org. 2008
- “The Humanitarian Link.” www.TheJerusalemFund.org. 2008
- “The Jerusalem Fund Gallery.” www.TheJerusalemFund.org. 2008