|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2007)|
The KOLIN are a Hungarian indie-pop band best known for their hit song San Francisco. The band was formed in 2007 in Budapest. Their music style is synthpop influenced with indie rock and new rave sounds. The band consists of Márkó Linczényi (vocals/synthesizer), Ágoston Iván (drums) and Ferigeri (bass). Their debut album called Yell Into The Kazzo. It was released in 2008 by Universal Music Group. The KOLIN won the award for Best Hungarian Act at the 2009 and 2010 MTV Europe Music Awards.
Perez Hilton's reaction
"We are LOVING loving LOVING this band called the KOLIN - from Hungary.
Yes, Hungary! They sing in English, though. So you'll be able to understand what they're saying. We've never mention a band from Hungary before, and we are thrilled to pop our cherry with the KOLIN. If you like sweet, sexy, dirty, garage, disconess, then you will love the band!Think Scissor Sisters meets The Gossip. We think the Bay Area has a new anthem!!!"
- Yell Into The Kazoo (2008)
- "Jimmy" Directed by Danila Kostil (2008) - Winner of the KAFF Award for Best Music Video in 2011.
- "San Francisco" Directed by Danila Kostil (2009)
- 2009: MTV Europe Music Awards/Best Hungarian Act
- 2010: MTV Europe Music Awards/Best Hungarian Act
- 10. Kecskeméti Animációs Filmfesztivál 7. Európai Animációs Játékfilm Fesztivál. Kecskeméti Animáció Film Fesztivál. 2011.
- San Francisco Official Music Video
- the KOLIN Official Myspace Page
- EMA MTV Official Homepage
- Zene.hu the KOLIN Biography
- Universal Music Hungary
|This article about a European band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Hungary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|