The Kathmandu Post
The Kathmandu Post is a major daily newspaper published in Nepal. Centred in the capital Kathmandu, it is one of the largest English-language newspapers in the country. The Kathmandu Post is independently owned, and is published by Kantipur Publications, the owners of Nepal's largest selling newspaper, the Nepali-language Kantipur. It is a member of the Asia News Network, an alliance of nineteen Asian newspapers.
In October 2007, the offices of The Kathmandu Post were attacked by the All Nepal Printing and Publication Workers' Union, a group connected to the former Maoist rebels of the Unified Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist). The printing press was vandalized, stopping the paper from being published. Two hundred journalists and legal professionals marched in Kathmandu in protest at the attacks.
The Kathmandu Post continues daily publication, and includes an online newspaper written in both English and Nepali (ekantipur.com/en/).
- Mayhew, Bradley; Everist, Richard; Brown, Lindsay; Finlay, Hugh; Vivequin, Wanda (2003). Lonely Planet Nepal. Lonely Planet. p. 57. ISBN 1-74059-422-3. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- Reed, David; McConnachie, James (2002). The Rough Guide to Nepal. Rough Guides. p. 53. ISBN 1-85828-899-1. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "Pro-royal candidates sweep Nepal poll". The Sunday Times. 2006-02-10. Retrieved 2008-08-12.[dead link]
- "Nepal's largest newspaper office attacked by ex-communist rebels' union". International Herald Tribune. Associated Press. 2007-10-01. Retrieved 2008-08-12.[dead link]
- "Pakistan's 'The Nation' joins Asia News Network". The Jakarta Post. 2008-06-18. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "Nepalese protest in capital over attack on newspaper". International Herald Tribune. Associated Press. 2007-10-02. Retrieved 2008-08-12.[dead link]
- "Nepal media protest over attack". BBC News. 23 December 2008. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
|This Nepal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian newspaper–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|