The Key Word and Other Mysteries
|The Key Word and Other Mysteries|
Cover of first edition, 1977
|Cover artist||Rod Burke|
|Genre||Mystery short stories|
|Publisher||Walker & Company|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Followed by||The Disappearing Man and Other Mysteries|
The Key Word and Other Mysteries is a collection of mystery short stories by American author Isaac Asimov, featuring his boy detective Larry. The book was illustrated by Rod Burke. It was first published in hardcover by Walker & Company in 1977, and in paperback by the Avon Books in 1979. A British edition illustrated by Geoff Taylor and adding one additional story was issued by Pan Books in 1982.
The book contains five stories by Asimov (six in the British edition). Most were reprinted from Boys' Life.
- "The Key Word"
- "Santa Claus Gets a Coin"
- "Sarah Tops"
- "The Thirteenth Day of Christmas"
- "A Case of Need"
- "The Disappearing Man" (British edition only)
- The Key Word and Other Mysteries title listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Review by John H. Jenkins