The Kingsmen 15 Great Hits
|The Kingsmen 15 Great Hits|
|Studio album by The Kingsmen|
|Label||Wand LP 674|
|The Kingsmen chronology|
Release and reception
The Kingsmen's fifth album was an amalgam containing seven new songs, one previously released single, four alternate versions of previously released songs, and three tracks from earlier LPs. The album entered the Billboard LP chart on August 20, 1966, and remained for eight weeks, peaking at #87. The album's sales were supported by the continued popularity of "Louie Louie" (re-released in 1966 as "Louie Louie 64-65-66") and the Kingsmen's busy touring schedule.
This was the group's fifth and final album chart appearance, and the last effort by the 1963-1966 line-up of Lynn Easton, Mike Mitchell, Barry Curtis, Dick Peterson, and Norm Sundholm. Later in 1966, Barry Curtis was drafted and Norm Sundholm left to develop Sunn amplifiers.
- Twist & Shout – 2:58 (P. Medley-B. Russell)
- Money – 2:13 (B. Gordy-J. Bradford)
- Jenny Take A Ride (C.C. Rider) – 3:14 (B. Crewe-E. Johnson-R. Penniman)
- Do You Love Me – 2:36 (Berry Gordy)
- Ooo Poo Pah Doo – 3:01 (Jessie Hill)
- Shout – 2:22 (Isley Brothers)
- New Orleans – 2:53 (F. Guida-J. Royster)
- Fever – 3:14 (Eddie Cooley & Otis Blackwell)
- Killer Joe – 2:15 (Russell-Elgin-Medley)
- Good Lovin' – 2:17 (A. Resnick-R. Clark)
- Quarter To Three – 2:05 (F. Guida-G. Barge-J. Royster)
- Poison Ivy – 2:09 (J. Lieber-M. Stoller)
- Searchin' – 3:22 (J. Lieber-M. Stoller)
- Hang On Sloopy – 2:42 (Russell-W. Farrell)
- Satisfaction – 3:32 (Jagger/Richards)
|U.S. Billboard Top LPs||87|
Musicians and production
- Lynn Easton: vocals, saxophone
- Mike Mitchell: vocals, lead guitar
- Barry Curtis: organist
- Norm Sundholm: bass guitar
- Dick Peterson: drums
- Producer: A Jerden Production by Jerry Dennon
- Liner notes: Don Steele (KHJ)
- Cover design: Burt Goldblatt
- Whitburn, Joel (1996). Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Albums. Menomonee Falls, WI: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-117-9.
- Alternate version of previously released song.
- LP label incorrectly has "R. Tenninan"
- Previously released on The Kingsmen Volume II (1964).
- Previously released on The Kingsmen Volume 3 (1964).
- LP label incorrectly has "J. Davenport-E. Coley"
- Previously released as a single on Wand 1115.
- LP label has additional text "Produced by: R.A.T Productions Arr. by: Tommy Kaye."
- LP label has "R. Guida-G. Barge-J. Royster-G. Anderson. Arranged by: Gene Paige."