The Kyle Gass Band
|The Kyle Gass Band|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Associated acts||Tenacious D, Trainwreck|
The Kyle Gass Band (KGB) is an American rock supergroup from Los Angeles, California. Formed in 2011 by eponymous Tenacious D acoustic guitarist and vocalist Kyle Gass, the band is fronted by vocalist and guitarist Mike Bray and also features electric guitarist John Konesky (also of Tenacious D), bassist Jason Keene, and drummer Tim Spier. The band's website describes the group's sound as "good-time-rock-and-roll done right, with incredible harmonies, hugenormous guitars, and just the slightest dusting of flute."
Formation and beginnings (2011–present)
The Kyle Gass Band was formed in January 2011, when Gass was asked to open for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell. Gass and Konesky were both former members of Trainwreck, Gass's former band which broke up in early 2011. Mike Bray was selected by Gass to front the band, after Bray's group 'Band of Bigfoot' played support for Trainwreck.Bassist Jason Keene was picked for the group as Gass re-connected an old friendship with him. The drummer for the band was originally Trainwreck's Nate Rothacker, but Rothacker moved back to his hometown of Ohio, which meant that drummer Jamie Douglass came in as replacement. Douglass was then again replaced by Tim Spier after Douglass's schedule became too busy. The band recorded their first material throughout 2011 and some recordings in 2012, with the album releasing in July 2013. The album was produced by former Trainwreck bassist John Spiker. 
The band played their first show at Fishlips in Los Angeles on the 18th March 2011. The band would go on to perform at bar and club shows in Los Angeles for the next couple of years. In 2014, the band went on their first ever tour titled 'Spring Tour 2014' touring many cities throughout the US. In August of 2014, the Kyle Gass Band played their first international show at Tolhuistuin in Amsterdam and then played the European festivals Pukkelpop, Rock’n’Heim, Frequency Festival and Open Air Gamble.
- Kyle Gass Band: Limited Edition EP (NAMM Exclusive Free Promotional CD) (2013)
- Kyle Gass Band: The Album (2013)
- Kyle Gass Band: Grandpa's Finger (StageIt MP3 Digital Download) (2014)
- Kyle Gass – acoustic guitar, vocals, flute
- Mike Bray – vocals, guitar
- John Konesky – guitar, backing vocals
- Jason Keene – bass, harmonica
- Tim Spier - drums
- "The Kyle Gass Band". The Kyle Gass Band. Retrieved August 20, 2011.
- "Kyle Gass". Biography. The Kyle Gass Band. Retrieved August 20, 2011. Note: User must manually select 'Kyle Gass'.
- "Mike Bray". Biography. The Kyle Gass Band. Retrieved August 20, 2011. Note: User must manually select 'Mike Bray'.
- "Just finished...". The Kyle Gass Band. Facebook. December 17, 2011. Retrieved January 16, 2012.