The Lady Takes a Flyer
|The Lady Takes a Flyer|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jack Arnold|
|Produced by||William Alland|
|Music by||Henry Mancini Heinz
Roemheld Herman Stein
|Edited by||Sherman Todd|
Daredevil pilot Mike Dandridge goes into a business partnership with flight-school pal Al Reynolds and meets Maggie Colby, who's also a pilot.
The two flyers take cargo to Japan, where they become romantically involved. Al is best man at their wedding, then joins the Air Force.
Mike hires new pilot Nikki Taylor and might be having an affair with her during business trips while Maggie stays home with their new baby. Maggie decides to fly a shipment herself and let Mike care of their daughter for a change. He and co-pilot Phil take a risk by bringing the baby along on a flight to London. Their plane has difficulty landing in a fog, angering Maggie, whose own plane barely got there safely. But at least Mike and Maggie are brought closer by the experience.
- Lana Turner as Maggie Colby
- Jeff Chandler as Mike Dandridge
- Richard Denning as Al Reynolds
- Andra Martin as Nikki Taylor
- Chuck Connors as Phil Donahoe
- Reta Shaw as Nurse Kennedy
- Alan Hale Jr. as Frank Henshaw
- The Lady Takes a Flyer at the Internet Movie Database
- The Lady Takes a Flyer at AllMovie
- The Lady Takes a Flyer at the TCM Movie Database
- The Lady Takes a Flyer at the British Film Institute's Film and TV Database
|This article about a romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|