The Last One to Know
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
|The Last One to Know|
|Studio album by Reba McEntire|
|Released||September 7, 1987|
|Producer||Jimmy Bowen, Reba McEntire|
|Reba McEntire chronology|
The Last One to Know is the thirteenth album and twelfth studio album by Reba McEntire, released in 1987. The title song and "Love Will Find Its Way to You" were both Number One singles from the album. It was also her first album to chart on the Billboard 200, in addition to peaking at #3 on Top Country Albums. "Just Across the Rio Grande" was also covered by Holly Dunn the following year in Across the Rio Grande.
- "The Last One to Know" (Matraca Berg, Jane Mariash) - 3:10
- "The Girl Who Has Everything" (Larry Bastian, DeWayne Blackwell) - 3:07
- "Just Across the Rio Grande" (Don Cook, Chick Rains) - 4:09
- "I Don't Want to Mention Any Names" (Larry Cordle, Lisa Palas) - 2:36
- "Someone Else" (Pat Bunch, Mary Ann Kennedy, Pam Rose) - 3:40
- "What You Gonna Do About Me" (Michael P. Heeney, David Scarlett) - 3:24
- "I Don't Want to Be Alone" (Reba McEntire) - 2:41
- "The Stairs" (Pamela Brown, David Roberts) - 3:01
- "Love Will Find Its Way to You" (Dave Loggins, J. D. Martin) - 3:32
- "I've Still Got the Love We Made" (Michael Garvin, Tom Shapiro, Chris Waters) - 3:11
- Drums - Russ Kunkel
- Bass - Leland Sklar, David Hungate
- Piano, DX-7 - John Barlow Jarvis
- Acoustic Guitar - Don Potter, Bill Cooley
- Electric Guitar - Richard Bennett, Fred Newell, Bill Cooley
- Fiddle, Mandolin - Rickie Solomon
- Steel, Dobro - Donnie LaValley
- Harmony Vocals - Reba McEntire, Suzy Hoskins
- Art Direction - Simon Levy
- Photography - McGuire
- Design - Katherine DeVault Design
- Styling - Ann Payne
- Project Coordinator - Jessie Noble
- Second Engineers - Tim Kish, Mark J. Coddington, Russ Martin, Marty Williams
Digital editing by Milan Bogdan.
Produced by - Jimmy Bowen for Lynwood Productions and Reba McEntire for Reba McEntire Productions.
Recorded by Ron Treat. Overdubs recorded by Willie Pevear, Bob Bullock, and Steve Tillisch. Mixed by chuck Ainlay at Soundstage Studios.
Mastered by Glenn Meadows at Masterfonics using the JVC Digital Audio Mastering System. Digitally recorded at Emerald Studios using the Mitsubishi X-850 32 track digital. CD master tape prepared by Glenn Meadows.
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||3|
|U.S. Billboard 200||102|
|US Country||CAN Country|
|1987||"The Last One to Know"||1||2|
|1988||"Love Will Find Its Way to You"||1||1|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Allmusic review
- Rolling Stone review
- "Billboard chart positions > singles". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "American album certifications – Reba Mc Entire – The Last One to Know". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH