The Legend of Bruce Lee
|The Legend of Bruce Lee
|Written by||Qian Linsen
|Directed by||Lee Moon-ki|
Ted E. Duran
|Opening theme||Bruce Lee's Battle Call (吶喊) performed by Emma Re|
|Ending theme||Fist (拳頭) performed by Li Shu and Jin Long|
|Country of origin||China|
|No. of episodes||50|
|Executive producer(s)||Shannon Lee|
|Running time||45 minutes per episode|
|Original airing||12 October 2008|
|The Legend of Bruce Lee|
The Legend of Bruce Lee is a Chinese biographic television series based on the life story of martial artist and actor Bruce Lee. The 50 episodes long series was produced and broadcast by CCTV and had been aired since 12 October 2008. It starred Hong Kong actor Danny Chan as Bruce Lee and American actress Michelle Lang as Lee's wife Linda Lee Cadwell. The production period spanned nine months, with filming taking place in China, Hong Kong, Macau, the United States, Italy and Thailand, with a budget of 50 million yuan (US$7.3 million).
Lee's daughter, Shannon Lee was credited as the executive producer. Other martial artists such as Mark Dacascos, Ray Park, Gary Daniels, Ernest Miller and Michael Jai White are also featured in the series as well, playing the roles of familiars throughout Bruce Lee's life and career.
The Legend of Bruce Lee has seen increasing viewership since its debut in 2008. The first 14 episodes broke China's former record held by Chuang Guan Dong. According to the CSM survey held on 26th October 2008, the first 30 episodes of the series received viewership ratings above 10.35%. The finale episode attained a viewership rating of 14.87%; breaking CCTV's all-time high record set in 2003.
- Brazil: "Bruce Lee – A Lenda" began airing on Rede CNT on May 02, 2011.
- Italy: "La Leggenda di Bruce Lee" began airing on RAI 4 from April 4.
- United States: began airing on KTSF on weeknights at 9:00 pm from April 2009.
- Vietnam: aired on HTV2 and DN1-RTV with a translated name Huyền thoại Lý Tiểu Long in 2009.
- South Korea: 이소룡 전기 began airing on SBS from May 2009.
- Japan: ブルース・リー伝説 began airing on BS NTV from October 3, 2009. It was released on DVD by VAP in 2010.
- Canada: The Legend of Bruce Lee began airing on Fairchild Television on March 15, 2010.
- Hong Kong: began airing on ATV Home on May 14th, 2010 but with episodes trimmed from 45 minutes to just 30 minutes. The first four episodes included interviews with Danny Chan at the start of each episode. Also, the opening theme was replaced by the ending theme and vice versa.
- Philippines: Begin airing on Q on June 28, 2010 replacing Idol World: Super Junior.
- Taiwan: Begin airing on TTV on September 27, 2010.
|Danny Chan||Bruce Lee
|Michelle Lang||Linda Lee
|Giulio Taccon||Brandon Lee
|Michael Jai White||Muhammad Ali
|Mark Dacascos||Thai kickboxer
|Tim Storms||Wally Jay
|Yannick Van Dam||Hoffman
|Yu Chenghui||Master Ye
|Wang Luoyong||Shao Ruhai
(James Yimm Lee)
|Gai Ke||Mrs. Lee
|Zhou Zhou||Lee Hoi-chuen
|Bian Xiaoxiao||Qin Xiaoman
(Maria Yi, Nora Miao and Betty Ting)
|Hazen Lake MacIntyre||George
|Ted E. Duran||Blair
|Traci Ann Wolfe||Julianna
|Eric Chen||Wong Shun Leung
|Liu Dong||Taky Kimura
|Ning Li||Dan Inosanto
|Gao Daowei||Xu Wenhuai
|Zhang Lu||Huang Li
|Jia Meiying||Xu Diya
|Lin Yumiao||Ah Lin
|Luc Bendza||Jesse Glover
|Ernest Miller||Earnie Shavers
|Leslie H. Collins||William Dozier
|Wang Gongyi||Peter Lee
|Cheng Yu||Wang Lichao
|Li Yuan||Yellow-skinned Kid
(Wong Jack Man)
- "Bruce Lee has his life story retold on television". Xinhua. 2008-10-09. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- The Legend of Bruce Lee: DVD Talk Review of the DVD Video
- The Legend of Bruce Lee (이소룡 전기) – Korean Official Website
- The Legend of Bruce Lee (ブルース・リー伝説) – Japanese Official Website
- Living up to Bruce Lee's Legend
- The Legend of Bruce Lee (李小龙传奇) at the Internet Movie Database
|This Chinese television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|