|Created by||Byron Vaughns|
|Written by||Ruth Bennett
|Directed by||Byron Vaughns|
|Voices of||William H. Macy
|Theme music composer||Mark Watters
|Opening theme||"Roar", performed by Randy Crenshaw|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Paul Sabella
|Production company(s)||Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Animation|
|Original channel||Syndication (1998)
|Original run||September 19, 1998– December 12, 1998|
The Lionhearts focuses on the behind the scenes life of MGM's mascot, Leo Lionheart, and his family. The series shows The Lionhearts living in a normal house and living a normal life just like non-celebrity families. Most of the members of the family are named after famous MGM movie stars. The characters first appeared on a series of Sing-Along children's videos released by MGM in 1997. The original character designs (especially those of Spencer and Kate) were greatly modified for the TV series. Notably, Ashley Tisdale provided the voice of Kate in the Sing-Along videos .
- Leo Lionheart Jr. (voiced by William H. Macy): Leo is the father, husband and provider of the family. He works as the mascot for MGM's movies, a role which was passed onto him by father Leo Sr. One of Leo's favorite things to do when gets the chance is to nap.
- Lana Lionheart (voiced by Peri Gilpin): Lana is the mother and wife of the family, she is also the glue that keeps the family from falling apart. She used to work as an acrobat in the circus. She was named after Lana Turner.
- Kate Lionheart (voiced by Natasha Slayton): Kate is the oldest of the three children Leo and Lana have, she's 10 years old. She likes to e-mail, talk to her friends, ride horses and go to school. Kate is very tolerant of her siblings, and a very polite girl overall. Kate is named after Katharine Hepburn.
- Spencer Lionheart (voiced by Cameron Finley): Spencer is the second oldest of the three children, he's 8 years old. His dreams are to one day be a big-time rock n' roll star. One of his major flaws at times is he doesn't finish what he starts. He takes his name from Spencer Tracy.
- Judy Lionheart (voiced by Nicolette Little): Judy is the youngest of the children, she's 3 years old. She is very curious and loves to play. She also looks up to her sister Kate as her heroine. Judy is named after Judy Garland.
- Grandpa Leo (voiced by Harve Presnell): The grandfather of Kate, Spencer, and Judy.
- Director (voiced by Joe Pantoliano): A director who works with Leo at MGM Studios.
- Dorothy (voiced by Betty White): Leo's makeup artist who can't see very well.
- Freddy (voiced by Wallace Shawn): Leo's talent agent.
- Hank (voiced by Jeffrey Tambor): MGM's president.
- Jennings (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui): Grandpa Leo's chauffeur who drives the limo.
- Family Circus — 1998·Sep·19
- Survive — 1998·Sep·26
- But Some of My Best Friends are Clowns — 1998·Oct·03
- No Place Like Home — 1998·Oct·10
- Singin' in the Mane — 1998·Oct·17
- The Poem — 1998·Oct·24
- Greta Garbo Ears — 1998·Oct·31
- The Treehouse — 1998·Nov·07
- Brown Dog Day — 1998·Nov·14
- Leo's Diet — 1998·Nov·21
- The Pony Show — 1998·Nov·28
- Don't Bug the Neighbors (Part 1) — 1998·Dec·05
- Don't Bug the Neighbors (Part 2) — 1998·Dec·12
Principal voice actors
- Cameron Finley - Spencer Lionheart
- Peri Gilpin - Lana Lionheart
- Nicolette Little - Judy Lionheart
- William H. Macy - Leo Lionheart
- Harve Presnell - Grandpa Leo Lionheart
- Natasha Slayton - Kate Lionheart
- Carlos Alazraqui - Jennings
- Tom Arnold -
- Dee Bradley Baker -
- Sheryl Bernstein -
- Clancy Brown -
- Jesse David Corti -
- Eddie Deezen -
- Taylor Emerson -
- Craig Ferguson -
- Flea -
- Michael Jackson -
- Tom Kenny -
- Richard Kind -
- Andrew Lawrence -
- Edie McClurg -
- Ian Meltzer -
- John O'Hurley -
- Wallace Shawn - Freddy
- Justin Shenkarow -
- Liz Sroka -
- Ben Stein -
- Jeffrey Tambor - Hank
- Whitney Taubman -
- Betty White - Dorothy
- Maria Estrada - Casting and Voice Director
- Randy Crenshaw - Theme Song Performer
The series aired on syndication in the United States and was also seen in Australia and Latin America (translated into Spanish as Los Corazón de León). A DVD release is not yet planned at this time, however all 13 episodes are available on Hulu.