||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2013)|
June 12, 1972
Fort Campbell, KY
|Known for||extensive body modifications|
Erik Sprague (born June 12, 1972), better known as The Lizardman, is a freak show and sideshow performer, best known for his body modification, including his sharpened teeth, full-body tattoo of green scales, bifurcated tongue, subdermal implants and recently, green-inked lips. Rumors that he hoped to get a tail transplant have been debunked by Erik himself, who states that it would be impossible.
The Lizardman makes his living as a freak, performing before audiences all over the world. He also makes numerous paid television and public appearances. He has mastered and regularly performs many classic sideshow acts such as the human blockhead, fire eating and breathing, gavage, sword swallowing, the bed of nails, the Human Dartboard, and the insectivore. He also participates in many public and private flesh hook suspension groups and events, and is highly involved in the body modification community. He also writes articles on the Body Modification E-zine. His rock band, LIZARD SKYNYRD, released an album in late 2010, they performed in many tours and stages across the world.
The Lizardman was born in Fort Campbell, KY, and was a Ph.D. candidate at the University at Albany before beginning his transformation. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from Hartwick College in Oneonta, New York.
- 2005 documentary Modify (Stories of people who regard augmenting their bodies as a way of life, whether for artistic reasons or out of pure vanity.)
- The Lizardman had a small part in the 2007 independent mockumentary comedy film Boxboarders!.
- On July 12, 2008, the Lizardman was a guest on The Tyra Banks Show.
- On October 30, 2014, he appeared on "The Daily Show" in a taped segment about Congressional "gerrymandering" during the show's visit to Austin, Texas.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". The Lizardman. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "BME Blog". Iam.bmezine.com. Retrieved 2010-10-04.