The Loft (2014 film)
|Directed by||Erik Van Looy|
|Produced by||Joel Silver
Hilde De Laere
|Screenplay by||Bart De Pauw
|Music by||John Frizzell|
|Studio||Dark Castle Entertainment|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Running time||108 minutes|
The Loft is a forthcoming American-Belgian thriller film directed by Erik Van Looy. It is a remake of the 2008 Dutch-language Belgian film Loft by the same director. The script was written by Bart De Pauw and adapted by Wesley Strick. The only remaining cast member from the original film is Matthias Schoenaerts, who will reprise the same role. The original film broke all box-office records in Belgium.
The film was shot in Summer 2011. Recently, the theatrical release of The Loft has been delayed by a change of the film distributor. Instead of Warner Bros., Universal Studios will release the film on August 29, 2014.
Five married men share ownership of an upmarket loft, which they use to discreetly meet their respective mistresses. When the body of a murdered woman is found in that loft, the men begin to suspect each other of having committed the gruesome crime, as they are the only ones with keys to the premises. Through flashbacks, which are intertwined with scenes from the present, the entire story is unraveled.
- Karl Urban as Vincent Stevens (replacing Patrick Wilson, who dropped out at the start of filming)
- James Marsden as Chris Vanowen
- Wentworth Miller as Luke Seacord
- Eric Stonestreet as Marty Landry
- Matthias Schoenaerts as Philip Williams
- Rhona Mitra as Allison
- Rachael Taylor as Ann
- Isabel Lucas as Sarah Deakins
- Valerie Cruz as Barbara Stevens
- Elaine Cassidy as Ellie Seacord
- Kali Rocha as Mimi Landry
- Margarita Levieva as Vicky