The Logic of Scientific Discovery
The original German edition
|Original title||Logik der Forschung|
|Cover artist||Dibakar Das|
|Subject||Philosophy of science|
Published in English
The Logic of Scientific Discovery (German: Logik der Forschung, which, however, literally means "The Logic of Research") is a 1934 book by Karl Popper. Popper rewrote his book in English and republished it in 1959.
Popper argues that science should adopt a methodology based on falsifiability, because no number of experiments can ever prove a theory, but a single experiment can contradict one. Popper held that empirical theories are characterized by falsifiability.
- Full title: Logik der Forschung. Zur Erkenntnistheorie der modernen Naturwissenschaft.
- See recurrences on Google Books.
- English version publisher's web site
- German version publisher's web site
- Limited preview of the book with a table of contents, Google Books
|This article about a philosophy-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|