The Lords of Flatbush
|The Lords of Flatbush|
|Directed by||Martin Davidson
|Produced by||Stephen F. Verona|
|Written by||Martin Davidson
|Music by||Joe Brooks
|Editing by||Muffie Meyer
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|Release dates||May 1, 1974|
|Running time||86 minutes|
Directed by Martin Davidson and Stephen Verona, The Lords of Flatbush is a low-budget film starring Perry King, Henry Winkler and Sylvester Stallone. Stallone was also credited with writing additional dialogue.
A portion of this film was shot in Stamford, Connecticut. The wedding scenes were filmed in an area of town called Cove on Dale Street. Some school scenes were shot at Abraham Lincoln High School in the Coney Island section of Brooklyn. The opening exterior scenes were shot at Samuel J. Tilden High School, the only school used in the film which is actually located in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn.
Set in 1958, the coming-of-age story follows four Brooklyn teenagers known as The Lords of Flatbush. The Lords chase girls, steal cars, play pool and hang out at a local malt shop. The film focuses on Chico (Perry King) attempting to win over Jane (Susan Blakely), a girl who wants little to do with him, and Stanley (Sylvester Stallone), who impregnates his girlfriend, Frannie (Maria Smith), who wants him to marry her.
- Perry King as Chico Tyrell
- Sylvester Stallone as Stanley Rosiello
- Henry Winkler as Butchey Weinstein
- Paul Mace as Wimpy Murgalo
- Susan Blakely as Jane Bradshaw
- Maria Smith as Frannie Malincanico
- Renee Paris as Annie Yuckamanelli
- Paul Jabara as Crazy Cohen
- Bruce Reed as Mike Mambo
- Ray Sharkey as Student
- Dolph Sweet as Stanley's father
- "Stallone: 'Richard Gere Blames Me for the Gerbil Rumor'". About.com. December 13, 2006. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- The Lords of Flatbush at the Internet Movie Database
- The Lords of Flatbush at the TCM Movie Database
- The Lords of Flatbush at allmovie
- The Lords of Flatbush at Box Office Mojo