|Origin||Chingford, London, England|
|Labels||Syco (2012–13), Crown (2014–present)|
|Associated acts||Britain's Got Talent, The Mend|
Sonny Jay Muharrem
Te Eugene Qhairo
The Loveable Rogues are a British band from London, consisting of members Eddie Brett, Sonny Jay Muharrem and Te Qhairo Eugene, who rose to fame after reaching the final of the sixth series of Britain's Got Talent in 2012.
2010–12: Britain's Got Talent
In 2012, The Loveable Rogues were asked by Britain's Got Talent producers to audition for the show, which caused controversy. They performed two of their original compositions on the show, "Lovesick" and "Honest", both which were positively received by fans and the judges alike and were written by the three boys themselves. They had a fanbase before appearing on the show. They finished in fourth place with 5.7% of the final vote, behind the winners Ashleigh and Pudsey and runners-up Jonathan & Charlotte.
2012: Record deal and First Things First
On 12 June 2012, they informed fans to check the papers of tomorrow for 'good news!'. This turned out to be the fact that the band had been signed to record label Syco Music.
In late 2012, the band released a free mixtape through their Soundcloud channel. The collection of songs was released as a free download and was called 'First Things First'. Their debut single, "What A Night" was previewed along with new songs such as "Maybe Baby", "Talking Monkeys" and "Honest". Covers were also on the mixtape including their version of "Charmless Man" and "I Wanna Be The Only One".
On 19 February 2013, they released the video for their debut single "What a Night". The song was released on 21 April 2013.
2012–13: Olly Murs support
In November 2012, the Loveable Rogues were confirmed as the support act for Olly Murs' 2013 Right Place Right Time arena nationwide tour. The tour included playing two sold-out hometown shows at London's The O2 Arena.
The Setlist is
1 Talking Monkeys 2 Honest 3 Lovesick 4 Sweet Lovin' 5 What a Night
2013: Drop from record label
2014–present: After Syco
After being dropped by Syco Music The Band teamed up with Alex Katter of Gravity MGMT and announced they will be releasing an EP entitled 'Honest' in May, followed by their debut album 'This & That' on 18 August. The boys finished their first ever headline tour 'The Talking Monkeys Tour' in March 2014 travelling across the UK to perform at different venues for their fans. Their second headline tour is called 'This & That'. The tour is scheduled for November 2014.
The album 'This & That' went straight into #37 on the official album chart with a high position of #6 on the iTunes chart, there are rumours of a physical CD DELUXE version to be released around the November tour which will include new original songs, live recordings and covers.
Track Listing for 'This & That'
1. Sweet Lovin' 2. Talking Monkeys 3. What A Night 4. Honest 5. Love Sick 6. Story About Me 7. Someone You're Not 8. Everything's Better With You 9. This and That 10. Front Story 11. Nuthouse 12. Mr. Piano Man
|Year||Song||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2013||"What a Night"||9||47||12||This and That|
- Honest charted on the UK Singles Chart as, under UK chart rules, EPs under a certain length are categorised as singles and are considered for inclusion in the singles chart instead of the albums chart.
2014: This and That #37 UK
- Eames, Tom (13 June 2012). "Loveable Rogues sign record deal with Simon Cowell's Syco". Digital Spy. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- Revoir, Paul (10 May 2012). "The Loveable Rogues admit they were hand-picked by producers to audition for judges". Daily Mail. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Simon Cowell drops 'BGT' stars Loveable Rogues from Syco label - Britain's Got Talent News - Reality TV". Digital Spy. 2013-10-18. Retrieved 2013-12-29.