The Mac Band
The group's first album, The Mac Band featuring the McCampbell Brothers included production by Babyface and members of Atlantic Starr, and one of the tracks from the album, "Roses Are Red" reached #1 on the U.S. R&B chart and reached the Top 10 in the UK Singles Chart. Several additional singles were released from this album, with a couple of them becoming minor R&B hits.
Derrick McCampbell (D-Mac) now is the Worship Leader for "The Bridge" service at Stonebridge United Methodist Church in McKinney, Texas. He also follows his basketball passion by leading his signature D-Mac Hoops Basketball camps across the Dallas metro area. The camps are focused on team building, basketball skills, and Christian values.
- Ray McCampbell - vocals, saxophone
- Derrick McCampbell - vocals, flute
- Charles McCampbell - vocals, guitar
- Kelvin McCampbell - vocals
- Ray Flippin - bass
- Rodney Frazier - keyboards
- Mark Harper - guitar
- Sly Fuller - drums
- The Mac Band featuring the McCampbell Brothers (MCA Records, 1988) U.S. Billboard 200 #179, U.S. R&B #22
- Love U 2 the Limit (1990)
- The Real Deal (Unidisc, 1991) U.S. R&B #78
- "Jealous" (1988)
- "Stuck" (1988) U.S. R&B #25
- "Roses are Red" (1988) U.S. R&B #1, UK #6
- "Stalemate" (1988) UK #40
- "That's the Way I Look at Love" (1988) U.S. R&B #70
- "Got to Get Over You" (1989)
- "Love U 2 the Limit" (1990) U.S. R&B #52
- "Someone to Love" (1990) U.S. R&B #27
- "Everythang" (1992) U.S. R&B #73
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 336. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Mac Band" @YouTube.com Retrieved 4-28-2012.
- Billboard Albums, Allmusic.com
- The Mac Band- R&B Singles Chart placements @Billboard.com Retrieved 4-21-2012.
- The Mac Band discography @ Discogs.com
- Billboard Singles, Allmusic.com