The Machinations of Dementia
|The Machinations of Dementia|
|Studio album by Blotted Science|
|Released||September 18, 2007|
|Recorded||2006-2007, Live Oak Studios, Hell Whole Studios, Doc Z Studios|
|Genre||Progressive metal, technical death metal, instrumental rock|
|Blotted Science chronology|
The Machinations of Dementia is the debut album by the instrumental technical death metal band Blotted Science, released September 18, 2007 on guitarist Ron Jarzombek's EclecticElectric label. It was issued in Japan on June 22, 2011 via Marquee/Avalon.
The album had been in the making since 2005 but progress stalled when original drummer Chris Adler had to bow out due to commitments with his band Lamb of God; his successor, Derek Roddy (ex-Nile, Hate Eternal), left over "musical differences" after a six month tenure.
According to Ron Jarzombek, "75 percent" of The Machinations of Dementia was written utilizing the 'Circle of 12 Tones', derived from the Twelve-tone technique pioneered by Austrian-born composer Arnold Schoenberg in the 1920s.
|1.||"Synaptic Plasticity"||Alex Webster||5:57|
|3.||"Brain Fingerprinting"||Ron Jarzombek||3:34|
|5.||"Activation Synthesis Theory"||Jarzombek||8:10|
|8.||"Bleeding in the Brain"||Webster||4:57|
Adenosine Buildup is Adenosine Breakdown played backwards.
- Arranged by Blotted Science
- Produced and mixed by Ron Jarzombek
- Guitars recorded by Ron Jarzombek at Live Oak Studios
- Bass recorded by Alex Webster at Hell Whole Studios (editing by Ron Jarzombek)
- Drums recorded and edited by Charlie Zeleny (at Doc Z Studios), with assistance from Ron Jarzombek
- Mastered by Jacob Hansen
- Copyright Spastic Music Publishing
- The Machinations of Dementia reviews archive @ RonJarzombek.com
- The Machinations of Dementia @ Encyclopaedia Metallum