The Madras Pioneer
The Madras Pioneer is a weekly paper published in Madras, Oregon, United States, since 1904. It is published on Wednesdays and has a circulation of 4,124. It is the newspaper of record for Jefferson County. The paper was once owned by Oregon governor Elmo Smith, whose family still owns Eagle Newspapers. In January 2013, the paper was sold to the Pamplin Media Group along with five other papers owned by Eagle Newspapers.
- "Madras Pioneer". Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- "Newspapers and Genealogical Resources". University of Oregon Libraries. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- "Pamplin Media Group acquires 6 weekly papers from Eagle Newspapers". The Oregonian. January 8, 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- Giegerich, Andy (January 8, 2013). "Pamplin Media buys more papers". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- The Madras Pioneer (official website)
|This article about an Oregon newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|