The Manhattan Projects
|The Manhattan Projects|
Cover to The Manhattan Projects #1-4.
Art by Nick Pitarra.
|Number of issues||22|
The Manhattan Projects is a comic book series co-created by writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Nick Pitarra published by Image Comics. It is a story about an alternate history of the end of World War II in which the Manhattan Project was a front for other more esoteric science fiction ideas. The series is a monthly ongoing and began in March 2012 to much critical acclaim.
- Joseph Oppenheimer, an American physicist with multiple personalities; Robert Oppenheimer's evil twin brother
- Albrecht Einstein, an alcoholic German physicist; Albert Einstein's evil doppelganger
- Richard Feynman, an American physicist and wormholer
- Enrico Fermi, an alien disguised as an Italian physicist
- Harry Daghlian, an irradiated American physicist
- Wernher von Braun, a German rocket scientist with a robotic left arm
- Leslie Groves, a US Army lieutenant general who constantly smokes cigars and prefers the use of bombs in combat
- FDR: A.I., the artificial intelligence of the deceased American president, Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Harry S. Truman, a Freemason and American president
- Yuri Gagarin, a hero Russian cosmonaut
- Laika, a Russian space dog who can speak and is much smarter than people think
- Helmutt Gröttrup, a German rocket scientist and slave
- Dmitriy Ustinov, a Russian Minister of Defense
- John F. Kennedy, a drug-addicted, womanizing American president
The Manhattan Projects has been collected into the following trade paperbacks:
|Vol. 1: Science Bad||The Manhattan Projects #1-5||ISBN 978-1-607066-08-8||Joseph Oppenheimer, a twin brother and killer with multiple-personality disorder, believes that he has "devoured" his twin brother, Robert, and has become an amalgam of the two. He meets Lieutenant General Leslie Groves, who shows him The Manhattan Projects, which includes things like: Mining pan-dimensional space for fringe materials to build impossible machines. 150,000 mainframes joined together in the hopes of mimicking the human mind of a certain Franklin D. Roosevelt. Scientist Harry Daghlian has apparently absorbed so much radiation that he's essentially just a skeleton in a containment suit. Einstein trying to open an inter-dimensional door he created.|
|Vol. 2: They Rule||The Manhattan Projects #6-10||ISBN 978-1-607067-26-9||Following the projects success with the atomic bomb, and the end of the second world war, the projects begin to turn their attentions towards advancing the human race. They secretly make an alliance with the Russian Government and catch the attention of the Illuminati, the secret rulers of the world lead by U.S President Harry S. Truman.|
|Vol. 3: Building||The Manhattan Projects #11-15||ISBN 978-1-607067-53-5||This volume details the first half of Oppenheimer's master plan. With the Illuminati now completely destroyed save for the FDR AI, a simple question looms over the scientists of The Manhattan Projects, how are they going to govern the world? The Projects are split into three divisions with their own goals,Project Vulcan will deal with space exploration and colonisation, Project Ares will deal with the accumilation of renewable energy sources and Project Gaia will deal with perfecting the human condition. All of which were to be controlled by Oppenheimer's secret project, Project Charon, with the aim of gaining knowledge and control throughout creation.|
|Vol. 4: The Four Disciplines||The Manhattan Projects #16-20||ISBN 978-1-607069-61-4|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014)|
- "The Manhattan Projects". Image Comics.
|This Image Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|