The Mannish Boys
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|The Mannish Boys|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Labels||Delta Groove Productions|
|Members||Finis Tasby, Bobby Jones, Johnny Dyer, Randy Chortkoff, Franck Goldwasser (Paris Slim), Kirk Fletcher, Willie J. Campbell, Jimi Bott|
|Past members||Kid Ramos, Leon Blue, Tom Leavy, Ronnie James Weber, June Core, Richard Innes|
Led by vocalist Finis Tasby, the band consists of all-star veteran members of the West Coast blues scene. The band debuted from Delta Groove Productions in 2004 with the album That Represent Man. The members on the debut CD were Finis Tasby (vocals), Kirk Fletcher (guitar), Franck Goldwasser (guitar), Leon Blue (piano), Ronnie James Weber (bass) and June Core (drums). The CD featured guests including Roy Gaines, Paul Oscher, and Mickey Champion. They made appearances at festivals in the U.S., Canada, and also in Europe.
Bobby Jones, a blues and soul vocalist from Chicago came on board as a special guest on Big Plans (2007), and became an official member soon after.
The Mannish Boys Lowdown Feelin' was nominated in the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards for 'Blues Album of the Year'.
In 2013, Double Dynamite won the Blues Music Award in the 'Traditional Blues Album' category, and the group was also nominated in the 'Band' category. They were nominated in the 'Band of the Year' category again in 2014.
- 2004: That Represent Man (Delta Groove Productions)
- 2005: Live & In Demand (Delta Groove Productions)
- 2007: Big Plans (Delta Groove Productions)
- 2008: Lowdown Feelin' (Delta Groove Productions)
- 2010: Shake For Me (Delta Groove Productions)
- 2012: Double Dynamite (Delta Groove Productions)
- Liner notes for That Represent Man
- "The Mannish Boys". Deltagrooveproductions.com. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "Blues Music Awards Nominees - 2013 - 34th Blues Music Awards". Blues.org. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "2014 Blues Music Awards Nominees and Winners". Blues.about.com. Retrieved 2014-05-16.