The Marxism of Che Guevara: Philosophy, Economics, and Revolutionary Warfare is a book by Michael Lowy. It is a short work addressing the political, ethical and economic components of Ernesto Guevara's thinking.
First published in French as La pensée de “Che” Guevara in 1970; it was translated by Brian Pearce and published by Monthly Review Press (New York, NY and London) in 1973 as a 127-page hardcover (ISBN 0-85345-274-1).
Encyclopædia Britannica described it as "a short but lucid introduction to Guevara's ideas" .
- Introduction: Che's theoretical contribution
- Che and Marxism
- The revolution is made by men
- The new man
- Humanist values
- Part II: Che's economic ideas
- Productive forces and production relations
- The law of value and socialist planning
- The budgetary system of finance
- Material and moral incentives
- Voluntary labor and communism
- Part III: Revolutionary warfare
- Sociology of the revolution
- Guerrilla warfare
- The general strike
- The world revolution
External links