The Masterpiece (Hong Kong)
The Masterpiece, 2013
|Location||Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|Antenna spire||261 m (856 ft)|
The Masterpiece (Chinese: 名鑄) is a 64-floor 261 metre (856 ft) tall skyscraper in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. It houses the 6-storey K11 shopping centre. The 384-room Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, located from Level 3 to 24, opened on October 2, 2009. 345 residential flats occupy the 27th to 67th floors.
The project was jointly developed by New World Development and the Urban Renewal Authority (URA). The project, along with other URA schemes, has been criticized for its destruction of built heritage, existing community, and for contributing to gentrification which pushes out the less well-off.
The Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui (Chinese: 香港尖沙咀凱悅酒店) is a 384-room hotel located from levels 3 to 24 of the complex. It opened on October 2, 2009.
The hotel was formerly located on Nathan Road. Opened on November 1, 1969, it was the first Hyatt Hotel established outside of United States. It was closed on January 1, 2006 after 36 years of service. The former site of the hotel is now occupied by iSQUARE, a 31-storey high shopping mall.
A total of 655 square metres (7,050 sq ft) is dedicated to meeting space, including a 4,111 square feet (381.9 m2) ballroom and eight meeting rooms of different sizes. All meeting facilities are equipped with audio-visual technology and wireless internet connectivity.
The hotel also houses four restaurants:
- The Chinese Restaurant
- Chin Chin Bar
- The Cafe
K11 Art Mall
K11 is a 31,600 square metres (340,000 sq ft), six-storey shopping centre in the lower levels of the complex developed by New World Development and completed in December 2009. It is marketed as an "art mall" as it incorporates various art displays.
- "Masterpiece price for flat", The Standard, September 15, 2009
- The Masterpiece - Apartments for lease
- Urban Renewal Authority: Hanoi Road Project (The Masterpiece)
- Batten, John. "Destroying Memory Lane". The Correspondent. Foreign Correspondents Club. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- Ho, Edmond C.M. (2012). "Renewing the Urban Regeneration Approach in Hong Kong". Discovery – SS Student E-Journal 1: 110–139. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Hyatt Regency Hong Kong is back", New World Development Company Limited press release, 29 November 2007 (archive)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Masterpiece, Hong Kong.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui.|
- K11 Art Mall
- Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
- Emporis.com – The Masterpiece
- SkycraperPage.com – The Masterpiece