The Michael Kay Show
|Running time||4 hours
(3:00 – 7:00 p.m. ET)
|Home station||98.7 FM (2002-present)|
|TV adaptations||YES Network (2014–present)|
The Michael Kay Show is a sports radio talk show airing on the New York City radio station 98.7 ESPN New York, hosted by New York Yankees television play-by-play broadcaster Michael Kay and Don LeGreca.
Kay opened his first ever simulcast on the Yes Network on February 3, 2014 by dumping a bottle of Diet Coke into the garbage, a move meant to poke fun of the channel's former occupant Mike Francesa. The canned action was widely criticized. On his radio show, Kay delves into a variety of topics related to current sports, especially those notable in the New York area. Kay also touches on non-sports topics in popular culture and public controversy on occasion.
- Michael Kay, principal host
- Don La Greca, co-host
- Ryan Ruocco, part-time contributer, SportsCenter updates
- Dave Rothenberg, part-time contributer
Radio Production Staff
- Andrew Gundling, call screener and production
- Ryan T. Hurley, Producer
- Aaron Spielberg, executive producer
- Blitz, Bob's (2014-02-05). "YES Network Execs Annoyed with Michael Kay's Canned Open: Source". BobsBlitz.com. Retrieved 2014-02-05.