The Mob Rules
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|"The Mob Rules"|
|Single by Black Sabbath|
|from the album Mob Rules|
|Writer(s)||Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler|
|Black Sabbath singles chronology|
"The Mob Rules" is a song by British heavy metal band Black Sabbath from their 1981 album, Mob Rules. The song was written by Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi. The song also released as the first single from the album.
- A. "The Mob Rules"
- B. "Die Young" (live)
- American heavy metal band Fozzy covered the song on their 2002 album Happenstance.
- American heavy metal group Iced Earth released a cover of the song on the iTunes version of their 2011 album, Dystopia.
- American heavy metal band Benedictum recorded a cover of Mob Rules on their 2006 debut album, Uncreation.
- American heavy metal band Adrenaline Mob recorded a cover of Mob Rules on their 2013 EP, Coverta.
In popular culture
- An alternate recording of the song was featured in the 1981 movie Heavy Metal
- The song was used in the first trailer for the 2009 video game Brütal Legend.
- Although not credited, a MIDI rendition of this song appears in the SNES and Genesis version of Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage.
|1981||UK Singles Chart||46|