The Morgue film poster
|Directed by||Halder Gomes
|Written by||Najla Ann-Doori (story & writer)
Andrew Pletcher (writer)
|Distributed by||Reef Pictures
The Morgue (2008) is a direct-to-DVD horror film directed by Halder Gomes and Gerson Sanginitto, and written by Najla Ann Al-Doori and Andrew Pletcher.
|This section requires expansion with: plot information—must not be copied from elsewhere. (May 2009)|
The protagonist Margo Dey is paying her way through college by working part-time in a morgue. Her only corporeal companion in the long nights at the morgue is George, the night watchman; a man stricken with grief from the loss of his daughter. As the story unfolds more characters, including a frightened young girl—Jill, are introduced.
- Heather Donahue as Nan
- Bill Cobbs as George
- Lisa Crilley as Margo
- Chris Devlin as Peter
- Googy Gress as Det. Chet White
- Brady Matthews as Det. Philip Drake
- Taylor Lipman as Jill
- Fred Ochs as Chief Will Malone
- Brandon Quinn as Jacob
- Michael Raye as Horace Sparks
- Sammy Sheik as Samim
- Chris Torres as Dark Figure
Allan Dart, writing for Fangoria, found the directors Gomes and Sanginitto went for psychological suspense instead of mere gore, but felt the film was predictable. Dread Central called it "cheap fun, better than expected, but come the next day you'll hardly remember its name."
- "THE MORGUE (DVD Review)". fangoriaonline.com. The Brooklyn Company. 23 March 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2009.
- "Morgue, The (DVD)". Dread Central. 2 October 2008. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
|This article about a 2000s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|