The Morning Show (Canadian TV series)
|The Morning Show|
The opening of The Morning Show
|Created by||Global Toronto|
|Developed by||Shaw Media|
|Presented by||Liza Fromer|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Running time||3.5 hours (Toronto)
30 minutes (National)
|Picture format||480i SDTV
|Original run||October 11, 2011 – present|
The Morning Show is a Canadian breakfast television show airing on Global. The three hour program was originally shown only on Global Toronto, but was expanded by 30 minutes in early 2013. The expanded portion of The Morning Show is aired nationally on Global. The program is hosted by Liza Fromer, with Kris Reyes as news anchor, Rosey Edeh as weather presenter, Liem Vu as news/social media reporter, and Kimberly Fowler as airborne traffic reporter. It debuted on October 11, 2011, from a ground level storefront studio at the Shaw Media Building on Bloor Street in Downtown Toronto.
The program includes news, weather and current events, with a four-way discussion among the hosts. Each day they bring guests on throughout the broadcast to be interviewed about their lives, expertise, shows or recordings that the guests may be promoting at the time.
Co-Hosts and Crew biographies
- Liza Fromer, co-host (2011-present) - previous morning show experience with City's Breakfast Television
- Kris Reyes, co-host (2011-present) - former reporter and anchor with Citytv, CP24 and CBC
- Rosey Edeh, weather reporter (2012-present) - former co-host of ET Canada
- Antony Robart, news reader (2013-present) - reporter and anchor with Global Toronto (replacement for former co-host Dave Gerry) - not shown nationally.
- Leslie Roberts, co-host (2013-present)- during the national edition, Roberts currently anchors Global Toronto's "News Hour"
- Liem Vu, social media (2011-present) previously worked with the Toronto Star, TVOntario and The Globe and Mail.
- Kimberly Caroll, airborne traffic reporter (2011-present)
- Ari Rabinovitch, substitute airborne traffic reporter (2013-present)
Former Co-Hosts and on-air staff
- Daru Dhillon (2011-2012) - weather reporter
- Dave Gerry (2011-2012) - co-host
On December 12, 2012, it was announced that The Morning Show would be expanded in early 2013 to include an additional half-hour that would be broadcast nationally. On June 5 Global Toronto's news anchor Lesie Roberts was announced as the co-host of the national edition of the show.
- Global News
- Morning News (morning newscasts on Global stations in other regions)
- Canada AM
- CP24 Breakfast
- Rob Salem, "Salem: Canadian TV goes Global". Toronto Star, June 1, 2011.
- Shum, David. "Global News to launch national version of The Morning Show". Global Toronto. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|