The Muppet Movie (soundtrack)
|The Muppet Movie: Original Soundtrack Recording|
Cover art by Michael K. Frith
|Soundtrack album by The Muppets|
|Recorded||1978 (A&M Studios)|
Jim Henson (1993 reissue)
Walt Disney (2013 reissue)
|Producer||Paul Williams, Jim Henson|
|The Muppets chronology|
Originally released on LP by Atlantic Records, the album reached No. 25 on the Billboard Hot 100, No. 32 on Billboard's Top LP's and Tapes chart, and was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America. The soundtrack won the Grammy Award Best Children's Album and was also nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media, the Golden Globe for Best Original Song, and two Academy Awards; Best Adaptation Score for the overall album and Best Original Song for "Rainbow Connection".
After its initial release, the soundtrack album had subsequent CD reissues by Jim Henson Records in 1993 and by Walt Disney Records on August 13, 2013. Disney's reissue marked the first time the soundtrack was available in print in over 20 years.
|1.||"Rainbow Connection"||Paul Williams, Kenny Ascher||Kermit the Frog (Jim Henson)||3:15|
|2.||"Movin' Right Along"||Williams, Ascher||Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear (Jim Henson and Frank Oz)||2:57|
|3.||"Never Before, Never Again"||Williams, Ascher||Miss Piggy (Frank Oz)||2:49|
|4.||"Never Before, Never Again" (Instrumental)||Williams||3:52|
|5.||"I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along"||Williams, Ascher||Kermit the Frog and Rowlf the Dog (Jim Henson)||3:58|
|6.||"Can You Picture That?"||Williams, Ascher||Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem (Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Dave Goelz)||2:33|
|7.||"I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along" (Instrumental)||Williams||2:31|
|8.||"I'm Going to Go Back There Someday"||Williams, Ascher||The Great Gonzo (Dave Goelz)||2:55|
|9.||"America"||Katharine Lee Bates||Fozzie Bear (Frank Oz)||0:53|
|10.||"Animal...Come Back Animal"||1:30|
|11.||"Finale: The Magic Store"||Williams, Ascher||The Muppets (Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Kathryn Mullen)||5:17|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||25|
|U.S. Billboard 200||32|
|Australian ARIA Albums Chart||31|
- Truitt, Warren. "Various Artists - The Muppet Movie: Original Soundtrack Recording". About.com Guide. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Allmusic review Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- Cater, Daryrl. "Muppets: The Green Album". Artistdirect. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- Handy, Bruce (8 June 2012). "Paul Williams, Writer of "Rainbow Connection," on His 1970s Neighbors: "Borrow a Cup of Sugar? Maybe a Cup of Vodka"". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "The Muppets' 10 Best Music Moments". Billboard. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- Miller, Julie (10 February 2011). "A Short History of the Muppets At the Grammys". Movieline. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Martens, Todd (27 February 2012). "Oscar winner 'Man or Muppet' goes where no Muppet has gone before". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Walt Disney Records Celebrates The Upcoming 35th Anniversary Of The Muppet Movie Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". PRNewswire. 1 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Background: The Great Muppet Caper". Billboard. Retrieved September 1, 2013.