The Music of Christmas is the first Christmas album by the Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman. It was released on September 26, 1995.
All songs written and/or arranged by Steven Curtis Chapman, except where noted.
- "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing/The Music Of Christmas"(Charles Wesley, Felix Mendelson, Chapman) – 6:43
- "Christmas Is All In The Heart" (feat. CeCe Winans) – 5:15
- "Angels We Have Heard on High" (Edward Shippen Barnes) – 5:39
- "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" (John Mason Neale, Henry Sloane Coffin) – 3:28
- "Our God Is With Us" (Chapman, Michael W. Smith) – 6:43
- Interlude: "The Music Of Christmas" (Handel, Wesley, Mendelson, Barnes, Chapman, Buchanan) – 4:46
- "This Baby" (William C. Dix, Chapman) – 4:35
- "Silent Night/Away in a Manger/O Holy Night" (Franz Gruber, James R. Murray, Adolphe Adam, Chapman) – 6:03
- "Carol Of The Bells" (Mykola Leontovych, arranged by Chapman) – 3:44
- "O Come All Ye Faithful" (John Francis Wade, Chapman) – 4:18
- "Going Home For Christmas" (Chapman, James Isaac Elliot) – 5:25
- "Precious Promise" – 4:12
- Steven Curtis Chapman - acoustic and hi-strung guitars, mandolin on "Going Home For Christmas"
- Herb Chapman - acoustic guitar
- Steve Brewster - drums
- Paul Leim - drums on "Christmas is All in the Heart" and "O Come All Ye Faithful"
- Leland Sklar - bass guitar
- Jimmie Lee Sloas - bass on "Christmas is All in the Heart" and "O Come All Ye Faithful"
- Gordon Kennedy - electric guitar
- Jerry McPherson - electric guitar
- Randy Pierce - electric guitar on "Angels We Have Heard on High"
- Paul Franklin - steel guitar on "Going Home For Christmas"
- Shane Keister - piano, keyboard on "Christmas is All in the Heart"
- Robbie Buchanan - keyboard
- Scott Sheriff - keyboard on "Christmas Medley"
- The London Session Orchestra - strings
- Gavyn Wright - concertmaster
- Ronn Huff - string arrangement
- The Belmont Church Choir - backing vocals
- The Nashville String Machine - strings on "Christmas is All in the Heart" and "O Come All Ye Faithful"
- Don Hart - string arrangement
- The American Boychoir - choir on "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"
Recording and production
- Brown Bannister and Steven Curtis Chapman - producers
- Peter York and Dan Raines - executive producer
- Traci Sterling Bishir - production coordinator
- Tracks and overdubs engineered by Steve Bishir, except "Christmas is All in the Heart" and "O Come All Ye Faithful", tracked by Jeff Balding.
- Tracked at The Dugout Studio, Nashville, Tennessee
- Overdubs recorded at The Dugout Studio, Nashville, Tennessee; Mole End Studio, Franklin, Tennessee; Quad Studio, Nashville, Tennessee; Omni Sound, Nashville, Tennessee; Devonshire Studio, North Hollywood, California; Ocean Studio, Burbank, California; Sound on Sound Recording, New York City.
- The London Session Orchestra and The Nashville String Machine recorded by Steve Bishir at The Bennett House, Franklin, Tennessee
- Brown Bannister, Guy Defazio, Martin Woodlee, Patrick Kelly - additional engineering
- Martin Woodlee, Joey Grimstead, Aaron Swihart - assistant engineers
- Mixed by Bill Schnee at Schnee Studio, North Hollywood, California
- John Hendrickson - assistant
- Mastered by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab, Hollywood, California
- ^ The Music of Christmas at AllMusic
- ^ "Steven Curtis Chapman, "The Music of Christmas" Review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved May 6, 2014.