The National Art Center, Tokyo
The National Art Center, Tokyo (国立新美術館 Kokuritsu Shin-Bijutsukan?) is a museum in Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo, Japan. A joint project of the Agency for Cultural Affairs and the National Museums Independent Administrative Institution, it stands on a site formerly occupied by a research facility of the University of Tokyo.
The museum has an exhibition of 600 pieces, concentrating on 20th-century painting and modern art, for its opening on January 21, 2007. The director is Hideki Hayashida.
The architect for the museum was Kisho Kurokawa. The facility has 47,960 m² of floor space on a 30,000 m² site with four stories above ground and one below. Access is from Nogizaka Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line.
- ＜国立新美術館＞東京・六本木に２１日オープン (Retrieved January 20, 2007)
- 「国立新美術館」２１日開館 (Retrieved January 20, 2007)
- 国立新美術館 (Retrieved January 20, 2007)
- The National Art Center, Tokyo (Retrieved January 20, 2007)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Art Center, Tokyo.|
- The National Art Center, Tokyo website in English