The Nerdist Podcast
|Genre||Comedy, entertainment, talk|
|Opening Theme||"Jetpack Blues, Sunset Hues" by Anamanaguchi|
|No. of episodes||577 (as of September 29, 2014) (List of episodes)|
|Debut||February 8, 2010|
|Provider||Nerdist Podcast Network|
The Nerdist Podcast is a weekly interview show "about what it really means to be a nerd" hosted by Web Soup, Talking Dead, and @midnight host Chris Hardwick, who is usually accompanied by Jonah Ray and Matt Mira. The audio podcasts are typically an hour in length and include conversations with notable comedians or entertainers, sometimes at their own home. The show launched February 8, 2010. It serves as the flagship podcast for Nerdist Industries, which was founded in 2012 after the success of The Nerdist Podcast. The show's theme song is "Jetpack Blues, Sunset Hues" by the chiptune band Anamanaguchi.
Guests are varied, though typically relate to either stand-up comedy, nerd culture, or both, and have included CM Punk, Rob Zombie, Stan Lee, Ozzy Osbourne, Jeri Ryan, Drew Carey and several cast and crew of Community, Doctor Who, and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
In 2011 the pilot and a Christmas Eve special aired, with Hardwick, Ray and Mira hosting. BBC America aired six more 'specials' throughout 2012. Beginning with episode 4 the show moved from a half hour format to an hour.
|1||Pilot||September 24, 2011||Matt Smith, Craig Ferguson|
|2||Year In Review||December 24, 2011||Wil Wheaton, Nathan Fillion, David Tennant, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Kumail Nanjiani, Simon Pegg|
|3||January Special||January 14, 2012||Lily Loveless, Thomas Dolby, Kunal Nayyar, Alison Brie|
|4||Comic-Con||July 28, 2012||Damon Lindelof, John Barrowman|
|5||Toys and Games||July 28, 2012||Brooke Leigh Lawson, Gregory Crafts|
|6||Science||August 4, 2012||Danica McKellar, Cara Santa Maria|
|7||Nerd Girls||August 11, 2012||Randa Viets, Garfunkel and Oates, Felicia Day, Faith Harrison, Emily V. Gordon, Kumail Nanjiani|
|8||Time Travel||August 18, 2012||Damon Lindelof, Tom Weston-Jones, Kumail Nanjiani|
A 10-episode second season began airing in 2013.
|1||The BBC Extravaganza||March 31, 2013||Matt Smith, Tatiana Maslany, Dominic Monaghan.|
|2||Zombies!||April 6, 2013||Robert Kirkman, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan and Kyle Kinane.|
|3||Breaking Mad||April 13, 2013||Jon Hamm, Betsy Brandt, and Rory Scovel|
|4||Fantasy Nerdist||April 20, 2013||Elijah Wood, Ben Schwartz, Kumail Nanjiani, and Katie Crown|
|5||Wonder Dungeon||April 27, 2013||Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gillian Jacobs, Paul Scheer and Rob Huebel|
|6||Tribute To Television||May 4, 2013||Jack McBrayer, Eliza Dushku, and Joe Keckler|
|7||NASA Nerds||May 11, 2013||Buzz Aldrin, Bobak Ferdowsi, and Maria Bamford|
|8||Beautiful People||May 18, 2013||Joe Manganiello, Morena Baccarin, and Paul F. Tompkins|
|9||Tribute to Sci-Fi||May 25, 2013||Guillermo del Toro, Katee Sackhoff, and Ron Funches|
|10||Superstar Comedian Week||June 1, 2013||Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Zach Galifianakis, and Natasha Leggero|
- Abernathy, Samantha (15 November 2011), Nerdist Podcast Will Record Live in Chicago, Chicagoist, retrieved 2011-11-19
- Moody, Mike (February 24, 2010). "Comedians Cut Loose on Chris Hardwick's 'Nerdist' Podcast". TV Squad. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Campos, Nicole (April 8, 2010). "Nerds Own Largo! The Nerdist Podcast Goes Live with Mythbuster Adam Savage". Style Council Blog (LA Weekly). Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Leijon, Erik (July 28, 2011). "The dean of dweebs: Chris Hardwick fine-tunes his nerd-dar at Just for Laughs". Montreal Mirror. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- "Episode Guide - The Nerdist". BBC America. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "Nathan Fillion: Sexception?! The Nerdist: Year In Review Sneak Peek #1". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "BBC America's 'Nerdist' Gets Full Season". Hollywood Reporter. 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- Berkowitz, Joe (April 6, 2011). "The 10 Best Comedy Podcasts of the Moment". Rolling Stone. Retrieved November 3, 2011.
- "The 20 Best Comedy Podcasts Right Now". Rolling Stone. May 8, 2014. Retrieved May 8, 2104. Check date values in: