From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Netherlands (disambiguation))
|Look up Netherlands in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Netherlands is a European country with territories in the Caribbean.
Netherlands may also mean:
- Kingdom of the Netherlands, consisting of the countries Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten and the Netherlands;
- The geographical region of the Low Countries, roughly covering the modern countries of the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg, as well as part of north-eastern France;
- Various entities in the history of the region:
- Burgundian Netherlands (1384-1477);
- The Seventeen Provinces (1477-1581), as inherited by the Habsburgs from the Burgundians;
- United Provinces (Low Countries) (1581–1794), which revolted against Habsburg rule and constituted the predecessor of the current "Kingdom of the Netherlands'country";
- Southern Netherlands (1581–1795), which remained under Habsburg rule, roughly corresponding to modern Belgium and Luxemburg, more specifically:
- Spanish Netherlands (1556–1713);
- Southern Netherlands or Austrian Netherlands (1713–1794);
- United Kingdom of the Netherlands (1815–1830) uniting the United Provinces and the "Southern Netherlands" under Dutch rule.
- the territory of the Kingdom of the Netherlands which is in Europe (The Netherlands proper until 10 October 2010)
- Netherlands (European Parliament constituency);
- Greater Netherlands, the political aspiration of uniting the Netherlands with the Flemish-speaking Flanders.
For information about the confusion about the Netherlands, Dutch and Holland, see Netherlands (terminology).
- Netherland, a novel by Joseph O'Neill
- "Netherlands" a 7th-season episode of Touched by an Angel
- Nederland (disambiguation)
- Netherlands (terminology)
- Category:National sports teams of the Netherlands for teams called "Netherlands"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.