The New Detectives
|The New Detectives|
|Format||True crime series|
|Created by||New Dominion Pictures|
|Starring||FBI/United States Police districts|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||9|
|No. of episodes||121 (List of episodes)|
|Producer(s)||Mike Sinclair/Peter Koeppen/Tom Naughton|
|Running time||60 minutes; approx. 45 minutes with commercials|
|Original channel||Discovery Channel|
|Original run||October 1, 1996 – May 2005|
The New Detectives: Case Studies in Forensic Science is a documentary true crime television show that aired two to three different cases in forensic science per episode. Episode reruns currently air on the Discovery Channel, TLC and the Investigation Discovery network. Before the series was canceled, the show also aired on The History Channel in the United States and Canal D, Court TV, and Botswana TV in Canada. The show was also carried by international markets where the series was shown on the Discovery Channel UK, Discovery Europe, the Crime & Investigation Network in Australia, Prime TV in New Zealand, TV Norge, TV Danmark, Kanal 5 in Sweden, and RTL in the Netherlands. A version of the series was broadcast on the British Channel Five, under the name Murder Detectives: Case Files.
The New Detectives centers on murders that are committed in North America and the forensics used to convict the murderers of their crimes. The New Detectives show reenactments and dramatizations of events surrounding a murder. Real-file footage is shown on occasion. Unlike The FBI Files, a sister show, also produced by Tom Golden and New Dominion Pictures, The New Detectives mostly centers on murders that police departments solve without assistance from the FBI, but there have been episodes where the FBI was called in to assist with particularly serious crimes.
The series was narrated by Gene Galusha from 1996 to 2005.
Timeless Media Group has released the first four seasons of The New Detectives on DVD in Region 1.
|DVD name||Ep #||Release date|
|Season 1 & 2||16||February 10, 2009|
|Season 3||10||May 19, 2009|
|Season 4||18||August 11, 2009|
- "New Detectives information". Karen Taylor. Retrieved 2007-12-25.
- "New Detectives Episode List". New Dominion Pictures. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- Bonko, Larry (1997-04-03). "Local Scenes and Acting talent will be showing up in new series". The Virginian Pilot. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- "New Detectives TV.Com Profile". TV.com. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- "Discovery Times New Detectives TV listings". Discovery (Times). Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- World Screen Weekly (2006-05-25). "Kristen Eppley Profile". Archived from the original on 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2007-12-31.
- Ma'Ayteh, Breain. "Neal Haskell Brings The Discovery Channel to Rensselaer". Retrieved 2007-12-31.