The New Policeman
Front cover of unknown edition
|Cover artist||Paul Hess|
|Genre||Children's fantasy novel|
|Publisher||The Bodley Head|
|Pages||407 pp (first edition)|
|LC Class||PZ7.T3715965 Ne 2007|
The New Policeman is a children's fantasy novel by Kate Thompson, published by Bodley Head in 2005. Set in Kinvara, Ireland, it features a teenage boy, J. J. Liddy, who learns that "time is leaking from his world into Tir na nOg, the land of the fairies". It inaugurated a series that is sometimes called Liddy.
The novel also won the inaugural Irish BA Award for Children's Books in 2006.
A Chinese-language edition was published in 2008 with illustrations and music.
There are three novels in the Liddy series, summing more than 1100 pages in their first editions.
- The New Policeman (Bodley Head, May 2005, 0-370-32823-X)
- The Last of the High Kings (Bodley Head, June 2007, 0-370-32925-2)
- The White Horse Trick (Red Fox, April 2010, 978-1-86230-941-8)
As of September 2011, HarperCollins/Greenwillow has published U.S. editions of all three.
- Liddy series listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database (ISFDB). Retrieved 2012-08-01. Select a title to see its linked publication history and general information. Select a particular edition (title) for more data at that level, such as a front cover image or linked contents.
- "The new policeman" (first U.S. edition). Library of Congress Catalog Record. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- WorldCat. 2012-08-01.
- "THE WHITBREAD BOOK AWARDS". Costa Book Awards. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "Guardian Children's Fiction Prize 2005". The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "The New Policeman". rbooks.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- Xun zhao shi jian de ren (first Chinese edition). WorldCat. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- The New Policeman in libraries (WorldCat catalog) —immediately, first US edition
- Kate Thompson at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|This article about a children's fantasy novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|