|Founded||New York, New York, United States (2000)|
|Headquarters||New York, United States|
|Number of locations||New York, United States
Atlanta, United States
Chicago, United States
Denver, United States
San Francisco, United States
Los Angeles, United States
Washington D.C., United States
London, United Kingdom
|Key people||Nick Abramovich, President & CEO|
thenewsmarket.com is a global online video platform (OVP) for media, powered by Synaptic Digital. Co-founded by Shoba Purushothaman and Anthony Hayward in New York City in 2000, thenewsmarket.com is used by its customers to communicate to the TV and online media and bloggers and directly to consumers through video.
The company combines a video distribution platform and an embeddable, web-based streaming video player to support the marketing efforts of global brands, organizations, and agencies including Google, NATO, Panasonic, UNICEF, adidas, Superleague Formula, Intel, IBM, Rolls-Royce, and Roche.
thenewsmarket.com site is used by more than 30,000 media outlets in over 190 countries to access, preview and order free broadcast-quality video and other multimedia content for use in their programming.
Recent news 
In September 2012, The NewsMarket was acquired by Definition 6, a 15-year-old digital marketing agency based out of Atlanta, GA.
In July 2009, The NewsMarket announced that it would acquire Medialink Worldwide. The deal was completed in September 2009. This combines The NewsMarket’s digital video distribution platform with Medialink’s professional services and production capabilities to create a complete video solution.
In April 2010, The NewsMarket and Medialink rebranded as Synaptic Digital. The company continues to power thenewsmarket.com as its global distribution portal for media.
- Shoba Purushothaman, president, CEO and co-founder, The NewsMarket - September 13, 2008 - PRWeek
- The NewsMarket Debuts New Online Video Platform Allowing Companies to Deliver Video to All Audiences Online - October 8, 2007 - Bulldog Reporter
- Google's Multimedia Press Room - Powered by The NewsMarket
- adidas' BroadcastRoom - Powered by The NewsMarket
- "Superleague Formula by Sonangol revs up video presence with www.thenewsmarket.com". superleagueformula.com (Superleague Formula). Retrieved 2010-04-01.
- Intel's Media Center
- IBM Video Player - Powered by The NewsMarket
- Rolls-Royce Multimedia Press Room - Powered by The NewsMarket
- Roche Broadcast Room - Powered by The NewsMarket
- In a First, Geneva Motor Show to Be Broadcast Live and Available On-Demand - 2009 - euroinvestor.co.uk
- The NewsMarket Raises Capital From Apax Partners and the Hearst Corporation - April 24, 2004 - Allbusiness.com
- Hearst is Transforming Online Video and Itself with Smart Investing in MobiTV, Slingbox, Brightcove and the NewsMarket- March 29, 2007 - beet.tv
-  - softbank.com tech portfolio
- The NewsMarket Closes Medialink Acquisition - 2009]
- Video Distributor TheNewsMarket To Acquire Medialink - 2009 paidContent.org
- UPDATED: The NewsMarket to acquire Medialink - 2009 PR Week
- Synaptic Digital