The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding
|Original author(s)||Darrin Lythgoe|
|Stable release||10.0.2 / April 26, 2014|
|Operating system||Cross-platform, Windows, Mac OS X|
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding or TNG is a genealogy software installed in a web server developed by Darrin Lythgoe. It was mentioned in several press reviews used for genealogy site building. The data is stored in MySQL database tables and displayed in PHP scripting language which can be a module in different content management system platforms.
The public and administrative display messages can be translated into Afrikaans, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish and Swedish, and public messages can be translated into Icelandic and Serbian while help files and installation instructions can also be translated into French and Dutch.
- User account registration
- Pedigree, relationship, descendancy, register charts
- What's New and Most Wanted pages
- CMS Integrations such as WordPress and Joomla
- "The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ('TNG')".
- The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding Website
- TNG FAQ
- TNG for Mac in CNET Publisher's Description, From: Darrin Lythgoe
- The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding, Version 4, Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter, June 20, 2004]
- Polakoff, Eileen (2005). "Building a Family History Website". Avotaynu, The International Review of Jewish Genealogy: 24.
- "Grading the Next Generation". Internet Genealogy Magazine: 19–21. August–September 2009.
- TNG in ZDNet
- CMS Genealogy
- Seibold, Chris (1985). Big Book of Apple Hacks. California: MakeBooks. p. 49. Google Books Search. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- TNG at No1reviews.com
- GeneaNet Genealogy Blog The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding (TNG) / WordPress Plugin
- Eastman, Dick (2005). "New England ancestors". Newsmagazine of the New England Historic Genealogical Society 6 (1-4): 41.Google Books Search. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- Christian, Peter. The genealogist's Internet. p. 296. Google Books Search. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- Dynamic web pages for your family history. August 2006. pp. 44–45., By Mark Lang, Issue 10, Volume 22, Family Tree Magazine & Practical Family History