The Oaks Adventist Christian School
|The Oaks Adventist Christian School|
|Type||Private Seventh Day Adventist Primary and Secondary School|
|Motto||Striving Towards Our Highest Potential|
|Grades||kindergartenth through 12th|
|Color(s)||Green, and Black|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
The Oaks Adventist Christian School is a private Christian school located in Houston, Texas with PreKindergarten (4 year old) through twelfth grade.It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system.
The Oaks Adventist Christian School opened in the fall of 2003. The school opened with a vision to serve Houston families who were looking for alternatives to public school, and wanting their children to learn in a spiritual environment. As a growing school we are excited about the opportunities which God has given us, and believe that this is His school with a plan greater than ourselves.
Plans are in the works to open a daycare facility on our campus in the summer of 2014.
The education program at The Oaks is run by certified, experienced, energetic faculty. Our individualized approach allows for accelerated students to join other classes, as well as make modifications as needed for others. Our classrooms are Christ-centered with a balance of student centered and teacher directed education.
Both the elementary and high school programs are fully accredited with the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventist, The National Council for Private Schools, The Texas Private School Accreditation Commission and the Texas Education Agency.
The schools curriculum consists primarily of the standard courses taught at college preparatory schools across the world. All students are required to take classes in the core areas of English, Basic Sciences, Mathematics, a Foreign Language, and Social Sciences.
All students take religion classes each year that they are enrolled. These classes cover topics in biblical history and Christian and denominational doctrines. Instructors in other disciplines also begin each class period with prayer or a short devotional thought, many which encourage student input. Weekly, the entire student body gathers together in the auditorium for an hour-long chapel service. Outside the classrooms there is year-round spiritually oriented programming that relies on student involvement.
The Academy offers the following sports:
- Basketball (boys & girls)
- Soccer (boys & girls)
- Softball (girls)
- Tennis (boys & girls)
- Volleyball (boys & girls)
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- List of Seventh-day Adventist colleges and universities
- List of Seventh-day Adventist hospitals
- List of Seventh-day Adventist medical schools
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
|This article about a school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|