The Other Side of the Mountain Part 2
|The Other Side of the Mountain Part 2|
|Directed by||Larry Peerce|
|Produced by||Edward S. Feldman|
|Written by||Douglas Day Stewart|
|Music by||Lee Holdridge|
|Edited by||Walter Hennemann
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Release dates||February 10, 1978|
|Running time||100 min.|
The Other Side of the Mountain Part 2 is a 1978 film directed by Larry Peerce. It stars Marilyn Hassett and Timothy Bottoms. It is a sequel to The Other Side of the Mountain. It follows a recovered Jill Kinmont who goes to Southern California and meets a man named John, who she falls for. But as they learn later, there is more to deal with than just a new romance.
- Marilyn Hassett as Jill Kinmont
- Timothy Bottoms as John Boothe
- Nan Martin as June Kinmont
- Belinda Montgomery as Audra Jo Nicholson
- Gretchen Corbett as Linda Mae Myers
Vincent Canby of the New York Times was not impressed: "The first film, directed by Larry Peerce, who also directed the spinoff, was a slickly prefabricated bathtub of movie sentimentality, at the heart of which was a gallant young woman facing real handicaps. 'Part II' is really a 30-minute postscript to that story, blown up to feature-length by artificial plot problems and so many flashbacks to the first movie that the second becomes a sort of reverse trailer, a coming attraction for something that's already gone. ...Mr. Peerce's direction suggests a certain amount of desperation. You can almost hear him asking, 'What can I do to make things interesting?'"
- Box Office Information for The Other Side of the Mountain Part II. Box Office Mojo. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- Vincent Canby, "What Happened After 'The Other Side': In Love With a Trucker" Mar. 28, 1978 http://www.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=990DEFDD1731E632A25757C2A9659C946990D6CF
- The Other Side of the Mountain Part 2 at the Internet Movie Database
- The Other Side of the Mountain Part 2 at the TCM Movie Database
|This 1970s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|